• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HEY GIBBO...GTX 690 when is it due?

Associate
hmm...if the 680 customs are costing £600....dread to think what abomination prices of the 690's will be... £799.00 my guess

could buy a decent pc with that lol..

Soldato
i didn't think it was coming out :eek:.... do you mean their dual card, if so try 750 quid

the 7990 is due out in may

Permabanned
OP
The guy asked a straight forward question.

If you have nothing constructive to add, then don't post! I'm armed with my Easter bonnet and baby oil, so be warned.;)
Thanks mate,some people need to pipe down,shame they cant do it without an admin giving them a warning.
Wow. The apocalypse seems to have happened.

OP, I'm thinking a couple of months.

kd
Yeah ive been reading around and many places seem to suggest April for the 7970 and May for 690,i hope its not as bad as the 590 was.

I found this....
http://videocardz.com/nvidia/geforce-600/geforce-gtx-690

Soldato
hang around...... it's power draw is less than my PSU..... UNLESS it's far more if OCd and i bet it is, finally; it's not worth having if you cant OC anyway, so it's kind of self-defeating

I'ts 550W max draw, no OC.... i dont know, maybe another 100 W with OC..... best PSU is maybe an OCZ 750

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it will be £600(599)traditional price for a dual gpu.

That's ok, because that 4gb 680 is the same price and if this remains so, i know which one i'd rather have.....obviously, it's a no brainer, except; i''ll need an extra 100 quid for an upgraded PSU.......this 690 will be the same price as that MSI thingy, but an extra 35 fps so which one would you buy ha ha!

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Ive always used dual gpus and ive never had a problem with them that some people get,in the early days of a dual the drivers can be a bit **** but once the drivers mature they perform very well,i get no stutter etc.

If i had problems with them i wouldnt buy them,but i dont.
If these are any good ill be picking up 2 of them and putting them under custom water blocks and putting them in a new Caselabs case that ive just ordered from California.

Soldato
hang around...... it's power draw is less than my PSU..... UNLESS it's far more if OCd and i bet it is, finally; it's not worth having if you cant OC anyway, so it's kind of self-defeating

I'ts 550W max draw, no OC.... i dont know, maybe another 100 W with OC..... best PSU is maybe an OCZ 750

Dude, you're about to spend £600 on a graphics card. Stop being so cheap and get a PSU to match rather than skimping or taking unecessary risks! :)

Soldato
well i've got to be careful, because i'm after a plasma too..

no the GTX 690 is value for money, because it's the same price as the latest after market custom 680 4gb, but miles more powerful......... its therefore the GTX 680 that's a rip off

they are both approx 600 QUID, OK say the GTX 690 ends up 50 quid more than this, then it's still good... even if the 680 drops by £100

this is because, the GTX 685 ( out in sept) will also cost you this same 600 quid yet again, but still not be as fast as the OCd 690 at roughly £600 to 650.

we just cant seem to escape from this £600 rip off figure, so if we cant, we'd better get the most powerful card we can at this price, this £600 should be £300.

SLI?....... it'll still cost you 600 quid, 2 x GTX 680s......... to me the dual CPU card makes sense, because it still looks like that i'll have to spend 500 to 600 quid, regardless of what the hell i buy

its bloody scary.... yes, it's foolish too, my mates only game via Xbox and now you know why !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
The 690/685 hasn't even been announced never mind priced so stop talking like you actually know how much it's going to cost.

Point still stands:

Dude, you're about to spend £600 on a graphics card. Stop being so cheap and get a PSU to match rather than skimping or taking unecessary risks! :)

Also

its therefore the GTX 680 that's a rip off

The 680 isn't a rip off either. It's just priced on its relevant point in the market as it stands today. Can't afford it/don't like it? Then don't buy it. It's that simple.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom