Hi all, I need help!

Associate
Best be polite and post this, my first post here?

I'm 61 yrs young, used to mess around with over clocking Opteron's/Q6600's back in the day until I lost all my stuff 8 years ago in a house fire! Been using bog standard Toshiba laptops since then but, I need to upgrade and consolidate all my data etc. into a viable working platform for this day and age!

Best regards,

MikeyB420

Soldato

I'm 61 yrs young, used to mess around with over clocking Opteron's/Q6600's back in the day until I lost all my stuff 8 years ago in a house fire! Been using bog standard Toshiba laptops since then but, I need to upgrade and consolidate all my data etc. into a viable working platform for this day and age!

Best regards,

MikeyB420

Welcome Mike!

Soldato

Best regards,

MikeyB420
Welcome Mike, the q6600 was a beast of a chip in its day! You'll find some pretty exciting stuff in the cpu market now, with some serious growth in core counts being the theme of 2018 (and probably 2019 of the rumours on Zen2 are true).

Storage on solid state drives is now very affordable, although for lots of data on big drives, mechanical is still king for its longevity and price per TB. Stick a thread on general hardware with some requirements and a budget and you'll get some great builds specced and advice

Associate
OP
Welcome Mike!

Thanks

Possibly up to £1500

Welcome Mike, the q6600 was a beast of a chip in its day! You'll find some pretty exciting stuff in the cpu market now, with some serious growth in core counts being the theme of 2018 (and probably 2019 of the rumours on Zen2 are true).

Storage on solid state drives is now very affordable, although for lots of data on big drives, mechanical is still king for its longevity and price per TB. Stick a thread on general hardware with some requirements and a budget and you'll get some great builds specced and advice

Thanks and will do!

Happy New Year

MikeyB420

Back
Top Bottom