High capacity HD MP3 players?

Soldato
Well, my trusty old Cowon M3 is finally giving up the ghost, so I started having a look at possible replacements, and was a bit annoyed to find a gap in the market for high-capacity MP3 players, as they all seem to be enormous and expensive PMP monstrosities now.

As for flash players, the Cowon S9 looks pretty nice, but at 32GB is a bit on the small side and doesn't have SD expansion capability.

Can anyone recommend a large-capacity player (>40gb), or know of one that's due out before the end of the year? When are the flash based ones likely to hit 64g? Or failing that any feedback on the various PMP options, as I really don't know where to start with them. I really don't want to have to buy a crappy ipod!

Last edited:
Soldato
The new Sony's look the business, no touchscreen or wi fi, but 64GB at the top end, should sort you out, I'd think.

http://www.sonyinsider.com/2009/09/...es-walkman-features-oled-up-to-64gb-capacity/

pia0001001071.png

Soldato
OP
They do look good. Think I'll just get something cheap and crap to see me through til I get back from fieldwork in December, by which time hopefully they'll be available.

Soldato
I was toying with selling my recently purchased X1060 to get the 64GB version, but I really like the touchscreen, so I'll stick with what I've got, which is only lacking on the capacity front anyway, everything else, sound quality, OLED screen, interface and touchscreen is perfect for me.

Back
Top Bottom