1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** HIGH-END 2080TI's NOW IN STOCK: STRIX, TRIO, LIGHTNING, AORUS, WATER-COOLED ALL IN STOCK!!! ***

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gibbo, Feb 8, 2019.

1. 233

Capodecina

the frightening thing is theres retailers out there that are dearer.

2. fantasticCG

Wise Guy

What’s it like having those sour grapes in you’re mouth constantly???

3. fantasticCG

Wise Guy

More than 2k is there?

4. Darujhistan

Mobster

Don't have a go at me because NV had your pants down.

5. easyrider

Caporegime

Some people need to calm down and have a serious chat with themselves :p

6. Vargas

Mobster

Berk lol

Haven’t heard that word in ages :D

7. fantasticCG

Wise Guy

I’m not it’s only money you can’t take it with you, I had the facts before I bought one

8. Vargas

Mobster

The GPU thread is a battlefield :p

9. String

Capodecina

@Gibbo here's a wee something for you to keep those bad boys in top condition.

(Yours for only £2999.99)

[​IMG]

10. Darujhistan

Mobster

Then why so salty? It's only a GPU and a Corporation. Ludicrous pricing is no good for anyone.

11. fantasticCG

Wise Guy

Your posts are salty why comment so aggressively on something you have no intention of buying?
    Even if they were cheaper people would still be moaning at the price.

12. Parkinson1NX

Gangster

In stock and most likely back for RMA in a fortnight. :D Regarding cost, it is what it is unfortunately. Whatever the price someone will pay it. Doesn't hike the prices up. Does it? :eek:

13. Mark1989

Capodecina

Usually approve of what Gibbo says but I feel the line of priced not to sell is utter ********.

Course you want them to sell your a business, it's disgusting prices but hell loons are buying them so it's proving to business and nvidia that these prices are okay.

I won't ever pay these obscene prices even if I had the money to, £350 I paid for my 1070 is what I consider a high end gpu to be worth end of the day there a graphics card

Of course 1080 and above all better cards but the difference on quality is not enough to justify the extra cost imo

14. weldon855

Hitman

Yep,
    They have learned with GPUs that if they control the stock they can price it how they want. Whether the low stock is real or artificial who knows. And this goes right back to source (Nvidia/amd) not just the stores selling. The ignorant people buying because they want it now are justifying these crazy prices.
    It's not even as if there is anything worth playing with all this expensive hardware, devs have stuck their fingers up at PC gamers too, DX12 is a mess in most games,BF5 has no dedicated servers plus it's pure muck. Roll on next gen consoles and leave the fat wallets to prop up the extortionate GPU market.

15. HEADRAT

Capodecina

Agreed and I think the sentiment of people is changing, I think both manufactures and retailers need to be really careful that they don't kill the "Golden Goose".

There seems to be almost a "*** YOU!" sentiment, that "you people" will pay anything for the "fodder" that is churned out, that we should be "grateful" when a product even becomes available (but you will always have to pay through the nose for wanting it) and that you're some kind of "miracle worker" when you strike a good deal because of the amount of volume you shift.

Apple has done the same with the iPhone, the prices have gone up and up, unfortunately for Apple there are now many more competitors is there segment of the market, unfortunately the same can’t be said for the GPU market

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  16. Tommy_Here

Wise Guy

I miss the good old days £550 for a 980 Ti the absolute most I've spent is £719 on an evga 1080 Ti and that was tough! These prices are insane 'only and '£1999.99' don't go together.

Could build a top spec system with a 2070 for half the cost and have a grand to go on holiday. People need to get out more if they're spending this sort of money on a GPU

17. Sh4rkie

Wise Guy

And that is the beauty, people can spend 1k on a top spec system and be happy, what's the problem?

I'd say the opposite is true, if someone dropped 2k on a gpu you'd hope they'd spend some time indoors enjoying their purchase :p

It's the same waffle about pricing that has been going on for years! People pay their money based upon what they are prepared to spend. I see very few people justifying the prices and saying it's awesome spending between 1 and 2k for the best gaming gpus around. We'd all like the very top end to be £600 or tbh much much less but that's not where we find ourselves.

18. tyler_jrb

Mobster

£2k is ALOT however the card is £1400 elsewhere. Although sure £1099 is a lot for the NV FE agreed.

Sure they are expensive but no need to demean those who have made the justification to buy one. Buy one and enjoy it as i and others have done, or sit back and whinge about the pricing and at those who have spent their money on one it seems...

We all have our own justification (on whatever tier of component we buy) and lets face it we all have a hobby and an interest otherwise none of us would be on this forum in the first place. I mean there are a couple of people here who have two of these cards, two titans, £2000+ CPU's? Down to a personal choice, no one says you have to buy one.

19. se_vietboi

Wise Guy

Be that as it may, it does indirectly affect those who don't buy in some way since Nvidia knows they can get away with prices, and will continue to overprice their cards for generations to come.

20. Simon Belmont

Mobster

Maybe one or two idiots will, but 99.9% will not.