High end gaming laptops - What's the deal with screen panels

Associate
Hi all, am due to buy a new gaming laptop in the next week or so but have hit a snag with regard to screens and bang for buck.

I quite like the Aorus
which is now out of stock. The main attraction is the 120Hz G-sync 1440p display.

For similar money, you can get 17 inch gaming laptops with a desktop 6700k i7, a GTX1080, but it is questionable whether you get a decent screen panel. Some competitors sell 1080p panels with G-sync functionality but at 60Hz. Some also sell 4k screens but with no G-sync.

Really torn between going for a decent all-rounder (i.e. the above Aorus) vs higher end CPU and GPU but being stuck with a worse screen panel. Realistically, no one really plays at 4k res on a laptop anyway, do they?

Associate
Hi all, am due to buy a new gaming laptop in the next week or so but have hit a snag with regard to screens and bang for buck.

I quite like the Aorus which is now out of stock. The main attraction is the 120Hz G-sync 1440p display.

For similar money, you can get 17 inch gaming laptops with a desktop 6700k i7, a GTX1080, but it is questionable whether you get a decent screen panel. Some competitors sell 1080p panels with G-sync functionality but at 60Hz. Some also sell 4k screens but with no G-sync.

Really torn between going for a decent all-rounder (i.e. the above Aorus) vs higher end CPU and GPU but being stuck with a worse screen panel. Realistically, no one really plays at 4k res on a laptop anyway, do they?

GT73vr 6RE 120hz gsync ips (run Nvidia DSR at what ever res you want) these 4k screens are just a waste at 17in . i have a 32in 4K Gsync and 32in is the minimum for 4k imo

Back
Top Bottom