High-End PC £4,000 budget: Buying final parts this month!

Associate
Building a new high-end PC after my recent one died in a fire.

Saved up a lot of money for a new one over the years anyway and want to go all out. After this, I won't be upgrading for a few years so want to get the best of the best now.
smile.png

Budget is (WAS lol) £3,000 - £3,500 but can make more changes if it is worth it. Although more money, doesn't mean better. I want RELIABILITY. this means good warranty and manufacturer's as my main focus, then SPEED my second focus.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Price: £765.00 (Already purchased)
Reason for Purchase: High-core count and I will like to stream. I heard it will be good for encoding and high-performance.
Open to change? - No. (bought)

CPU Cooler: ARCTIC LIQUID FREEZER II 360
Price: £99.99
Reason for Purchase: Recommended reviews from forum peeps.

Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 1g 1 g Thermal Paste
Price: £5.57
Reason for Purchase: Watched video reviews on Youtube with temperature comparison and this came no.1 besides liquid metal.

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming
Price: £249.99
Reason for Purchase: Supports Ryzen 5000 series out of the box.
Open to Change? - No. (bought)

Memory: 32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600MHz CL16
Price: £270.00
Reason for Purchase: I wanted CL14 but can't be bothered waiting. So got Samsung B-Die CL16.

Storage: OS - Samsung 980 Pro 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive + Games - Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen4 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive + Other - Samsung 860 Evo 2 TB 2.5" + Solid State Drive + 2x Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB
Price: £140.40 + £327.36 + £241.43 + £98.98
Reason for Purchase: I wanted the very best of the best for my OS. I know the new PCI-E Gen 4.0 are the fatest and Samsung are the best. I picked the 2TB for the Games as good value for a PCI-E Gen 4.0 SSD. Other for the classic 2 TB reliable Evo.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Founders Edition Video Card
Price: £1,415.98 (Already purchased)
Reason for Purchase: I wanted a 3080 but unfortunately couldn't get one on release. I wanted an Nvidia card as I MUST have G-Sync which is not an AMD feature. I didn't buy a 3090 as it's a waste of money for performance/price. - ***Lol nvm, bought a 3090...:p***

Case: Fractal Design Meshify S
Price: £139.00
Reason for Purchase: Main reason is that it can support a triple fan AIO cooler on the top and that it has good cable management and amazing airflow.
Open to Change? No. (bought)

PSU: Corsair HX Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Price: £161.00
Reason for Purchase: Bought cheap from Currys.

Fans: Noctua A14 PWM
Price: £91.92
Reason for Purchase: Best airflow for domestic PC based on reviews.

TOTAL PRICE: £4,005.62

High-quality, reliable and powerful parts is what i'm after. Aesthetics I don't really care about.

***EDIT*** - thanks for suggestions. List amended :)

***EDIT 2*** - My finished and built rig. See pics on Page 3. Managed to get a 3090 ;) - Yes this post was £3,000 budget but obviously amended to £4,000 now lol

Last edited:
Associate
Sabrent rocket m.2 2TB can be had for £160 each if u shop around very fast.

Artic freezer 2 360 AIO. HAS 36mm rad thicker than most has had good reviews and under £100

Last edited:
Soldato
Would second the artic freezer II aio.

Motherboard I'd get the x570 tomahawk as it has a slightly better Vrm and better features over the gigabyte.

Keep the 3070 and wait for the 3080ti as that's rumoured to have 20gb VRAM which will be better for future proofing.

A decent 850w gold psu would be enough and save on some cash, look for one with a 10 year warranty.

1 tb gen 4 sabrent rocket is the same price as a 500gb evo, would you notice a difference in speed? Probably not but you would notice the extra storage.

Associate
OP
Sabrent rocket m.2 2TB can be had for £160 each if u shop around very fast.

Artic freezer 2 360 AIO. HAS 36mm rad thicker than most has had good reviews and under £100

The motherboard will only have 2x M.2 slots. So want to make the most of it. 2TB for £160 is good though but checked online and cheapest I can find is £249.00. (Not sure how to message people on this forum)

It would also be nice to have PCI-E 4.0 NVMe SSD.

Yeah someone else referred that AIO to me. I'll buy it, thanks! :)

Would second the artic freezer II aio.

Motherboard I'd get the x570 tomahawk as it has a slightly better Vrm and better features over the gigabyte.

Keep the 3070 and wait for the 3080ti as that's rumoured to have 20gb VRAM which will be better for future proofing.

A decent 850w gold psu would be enough and save on some cash, look for one with a 10 year warranty.

1 tb gen 4 sabrent rocket is the same price as a 500gb evo, would you notice a difference in speed? Probably not but you would notice the extra storage.

Yep, will but the AF 2 AIO.

I just bought the Aorus Pro instead a few hours ago :/ Ah well, aesthetics didn't count for me, but it does look a lot better than the MSI one imo.

Hmm depends on the 3080 Ti price though. I wonder how much it will cost at RRP (if I can even get one) :rolleyes:

I don't want to get a Gold PSU. - My last one was Platinum Corsair one and was the one that caused the fire! - Because of this, i'm just going to avoid the Corsair PSU's altogether including that 1200W one. I definitely want a Platinum or Titanum PSU though at least 1000W.

The 500 GB Gen 4.0 PCI-E SSD will be for just the OS and other stuff rather than media. If I got the 1TB Sabrent one instead, I would end up using it for games and I want to keep them separate. It would also wear out the SSD faster due to constantly deleting and replacing games on the OS SSD which I want to avoid :/

Thanks for the input guys though, just what I was after.

Soldato
is that ram really £350 :eek: that is shockingly expensive considering a set of 32GB 3600MHz C16 B-die is only £140

that 980 pro seems to be way OTT. 980 Pro doesn't use MLC so I think you are better off getting the MP600 for OS as well.

and really should be pairing all of those with RTX 3080 not the "lowly" 3070 :); in all fairness, if you do render, you may need to consider 3090 for its vram size...

1200+ PSU is way over kill. you can live with something around 800/850 mark.

mobo wise, you are at that premium band - MSI X570 tomahawk, Asus X570 Strix-F (no wifi tho). if wifi is a must for you, i would go with MSI, that board has better VRM and it seems to play nice with 1usmus' tools :D (he doesnt like gigabyte stuff for some reasons)

Last edited:
Associate
Why is wifi needed? i know it's getting faster, but any serious PC doesn't rely on wifi.

This is what I am asking myself. I bought the Tomahawk 570 myself, but really have nonuse for the wifi /shrug/.

Dont worry about only two M2 ports though. You can stick an nvme stick on a riser connection (a few quid) direct on another pcie slot if needed too.

Associate
Sabrent rocket m.2 2TB can be had for £160 each if u shop around very fast

This. 2x2tb drives for OS/Games/any other stuff, save 400 quid. I've got a fairly heavy collection of games and I'd struggle to fill 2tb unless desparate to have my entire steam collection on the drive at once. You'll never in a month of sundays notice the difference bewteen a pcie 3 and pcie 4 drive for regular use / gaming.

EVGA psus are great (along with warranty) . You've got Corsair listed but later said you want to avoid Corsair?

What res will you be gaming at and would you not consider changing to a 6900 xt and freesync monitor?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Why is wifi needed? i know it's getting faster, but any serious PC doesn't rely on wifi.

This is what I am asking myself. I bought the Tomahawk 570 myself, but really have nonuse for the wifi /shrug/.

Dont worry about only two M2 ports though. You can stick an nvme stick on a riser connection (a few quid) direct on another pcie slot if needed too.

Wi-Fi isn't really needed as I have an expensive long-range Asus adapter. However, I have now changed and gone with an Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming motherboard instead as the Aorus isn't compatible with the 5950X out of the box without bios updates.

This. 2x2tb drives for OS/Games/any other stuff, save 400 quid. I've got a fairly heavy collection of games and I'd struggle to fill 2tb unless desparate to have my entire steam collection on the drive at once. You'll never in a month of sundays notice the difference bewteen a pcie 3 and pcie 4 drive for regular use / gaming.

EVGA psus are great (along with warranty) . You've got Corsair listed but later said you want to avoid Corsair?

What res will you be gaming at and would you not consider changing to a 6900 xt and freesync monitor?

I had 2 TB on my last PC (combination of SSD + HDD) and ran out of space fast. I'm a big normie of AAA games (Cod, Assassins Creed etc.) So wanted more space and SSD only for my games. - I went with a Samsung NVMe 980 Pro 500GB SSD for the OS, a Corsair NVMe MP600 2TB SSD and a Samsung 860 Evo 2TB SSD for my games. + I also bought 2x Seagate 7200RPM 2TB HDD's as well for back-up whilst at it.

Yeah I just selected that PSU on the list as best value. I have bought everything now except the PSU and Memory due to shortages everywhere. Hopefully stuff will be in stock soon. - also the case, but intentionally buying that last.

No I want to stick with Nvidia. - I was going to get a 6900 XT however I play a lot of competitive fps games and input delay / lag matters loads to me and Freesync is slightly more slow than G-Sync unfortunately.

I'll be gaming at 1440p 240Hz with a Samsung G7 monitor. (Although probs won't reach max FPS until I get a 3080.)

Seems like a sweet PC apart from the 3070!!!!!!

Lol, I only paid £469 for the 3070 so I can always resell it (which I plan to do.) Once I get a 3080 at £750 or under.

Soldato
CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Take a look at air coolers. They're generally quieter, more reliable, and cheaper and don't have a pump that can fail. Unless you're going for extreme overclocking, in which case you probably want a custom loop.

PSU: Corsair HX Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

This is complete overkill.

Memory: 32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz CL14
Price: £344.00

Surely some mistake?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £248.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

Associate
OP
Take a look at air coolers. They're generally quieter, more reliable, and cheaper and don't have a pump that can fail. Unless you're going for extreme overclocking, in which case you probably want a custom loop.

This is complete overkill.

Surely some mistake?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £248.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

I want an AIO cooler for overclocking but can't be bothered with a custom loop. I have now ordered the Artic 2 AIO as suggested by other users above.

Yes 1200W is overkill, but it's the same price as the 1000W...however ignore that. I will be going for a 1000W bequiet 11 probably.

No mistake with the memory. The high price will be for the 3600 MHz with a 14 CAS latency. - the Team Group Pack 8 is 16 CAS latency.

Associate
Wi-Fi isn't really needed as I have an expensive long-range Asus adapter. However, I have now changed and gone with an Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming motherboard instead as the Aorus isn't compatible with the 5950X out of the box without bios updates.

I had 2 TB on my last PC (combination of SSD + HDD) and ran out of space fast. I'm a big normie of AAA games (Cod, Assassins Creed etc.) So wanted more space and SSD only for my games. - I went with a Samsung NVMe 980 Pro 500GB SSD for the OS, a Corsair NVMe MP600 2TB SSD and a Samsung 860 Evo 2TB SSD for my games. + I also bought 2x Seagate 7200RPM 2TB HDD's as well for back-up whilst at it.

Yeah I just selected that PSU on the list as best value. I have bought everything now except the PSU and Memory due to shortages everywhere. Hopefully stuff will be in stock soon. - also the case, but intentionally buying that last.

No I want to stick with Nvidia. - I was going to get a 6900 XT however I play a lot of competitive fps games and input delay / lag matters loads to me and Freesync is slightly more slow than G-Sync unfortunately.

I'll be gaming at 1440p 240Hz with a Samsung G7 monitor. (Although probs won't reach max FPS until I get a 3080.)

Lol, I only paid £469 for the 3070 so I can always resell it (which I plan to do.) Once I get a 3080 at £750 or under.

Only £469!?

Soldato
What do you do? AAA titles and esport titles. Do you game for career. How does anyone find that much time to game :)

look forward to see some pics

Associate
OP
What do you do? AAA titles and esport titles. Do you game for career. How does anyone find that much time to game :)

look forward to see some pics
Haha, I work in insurance and only have an average-ish salary. - however, it's all overtime. I get paid 1.5x for weekdays and 2.0x for weekends. I worked over 90+ hours in overtime last month to help fund this. (That's not including my normal 35 hours per week) so was just a hard graft.

Honestly, I actually rarely game as much as I used to. I probably only game around 4-8 hours a week.

I would love to get into streaming though but saturated industry and yeah I'll definitely take some pics. :)

Back
Top Bottom