• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

High idle temps Ryzen 5 3600

Associate
i upgraded my GPU and added a SSD into my pc this afternoon, on booting up my pc after i finished installing everything i noticed that my cpu fan was really loud 1900rpm and my cpu temp was at 64°c im using the windows balanced power plan

my bios and chipset drivers are up to date

the other temps are all in the 30s

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler: Wrait Stealth
RAM: Corsair Vengance RGB Pro 16GB
GPU: Saphire Pulse RX 5600XT
PSU: Koolink Enclave 500Watt 80 + Gold
Case fans: 4 Corsair LL120 RGB Fans 3 Intake on the front 1 Exhaust on the Back
Case:Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

I don't know how to attach screenshots from HWMonitor if someone tells me how i will add them

C64

C64

Soldato
Use the 1usmus power plan for ryzen might lower it a tad but yea they are toasty chips
I cant even run prime on mine on a noctua d14 it will hit 90c under prime loads, gaming it stays 60's though

Associate
OP
What cooler would yoy recommend to get

I was looking at getting
a Corsair Hydro 100i RGB Platinum because already have a commander pro setup for the fans

Associate
Do you have epic games launcher on your pc. I was getting high temps on idle and apparently the launcher is doing this to some AMD cpus. If you do try closing it out of background and look at temps.

V F

V F

Soldato
Do you have epic games launcher on your pc. I was getting high temps on idle and apparently the launcher is doing this to some AMD cpus. If you do try closing it out of background and look at temps.

It does it to Intel as well.

Soldato
I have had 3 3600 CPUs 2 of them ran hot like low 80s with a 120 AIO or 120 tower cooler while stress testing the third one was about 10c cooler with the same settings. I think a lot of them are just hot I don't think it does them any harm but I didn't really like it. The 3700Xs I've had have both been cooler.

Back
Top Bottom