Highest Pressure Adressable RGB Fans for Radiators?

Associate
Hi all,
I scooped up one of those amazingly cheap Kolink Observatory cases a few months ago to replace my older PC case, I like to refresh its look every now and then.

Im running a custom loop which is a little undersized cooling a Nvidia 980 and a i7 5820k, but only with a single EK 240mm rad, so temps aren't the coolest, I did have another 240 rad too, but I put a hole in it with a screw :(

The issue is those fans that came with the case were truly awful, they have almost no static pressure at all, but the main reasons I bought the case were for the RGB and the tempered glass.

I swapped the fans to my old EK Vardar F4 120 2200RPM versions which have a SP rating of 3.16mm H2O. I do not run these at full power as im scared they will suck me into the case :p but im looking for some addressable RGB fans with a decent SP rating due to my undersized rad for what im trying to cool. The EK Vardar RGB's aren't addressable so you cant have the fancy effects which I like.

My motherboard was just before RGB became a thing, so I also need a dedicated controller.

Im really struggling to find anything even with a SP rating above 2.0, so thought id ask the ones in the know for some advice :) Im after a min of 3, but possibly 5-6 fans. Any suggestions?

Oh, also, the Kolink has almost no space between the chassis metal and the glass front plate and I have no internal space to move the fans inside the case itself due to my reservoir mount location, so adding an RGB ring onto the existing fans isn't possible.

Thanks!

Associate
I use six Corsair ML140 Pro fans. Dedicated RGB controller, quiet operation, and seem to work well with my Alphacool ST30 rads.

Corsair say the SP goes up to 3 mmH20, but other places say 1.27 mmH20. So.... shrug :confused:

Soldato
Yeah, the ML series from Corsair are very nice indeed and come in either fixed or ARGB variants.

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/corsair-ml-magnetic-levitation-fan-review,1.html

Plenty of people use the ML series on Radiators, plenty of airflow through them and can also be used as case fans. They come in fixed LED lighting, or fully addressable RGB.

Note that in essence they use the same addressable RGBs as most other people, so you can control them from anything that handles ARGB devices, it's usually just a case of converting cables.. I managed to drive all my Phantek case ARGB strips + EK Water block ARGB strips from the corsair commander by telling it they where Corsair fans!

Associate
Note that in essence they use the same addressable RGBs as most other people, so you can control them from anything that handles ARGB devices, it's usually just a case of converting cables.. I managed to drive all my Phantek case ARGB strips + EK Water block ARGB strips from the corsair commander by telling it they where Corsair fans!

Mind. Blown. :eek:

Soldato
Mind. Blown. :eek:
But let's be honest, an addressable LED consists of 5V power pin, Ground pin and a data pin. Literally the only difference we see across everybody's ARGB implementations is the order they put the pins in the plugs. Easy enough to rearrange or adapt if you get mismatching pin orders. Same with 12V static RGB.

After that, there's nothing to stop software X using vendor Y.

Soldato
But let's be honest, an addressable LED consists of 5V power pin, Ground pin and a data pin. Literally the only difference we see across everybody's ARGB implementations is the order they put the pins in the plugs. Easy enough to rearrange or adapt if you get mismatching pin orders. Same with 12V static RGB.

After that, there's nothing to stop software X using vendor Y.
I'm hoping we see more devices with a data out pin as well but it's doubtful...

Associate
Hi all,
I scooped up one of those amazingly cheap Kolink Observatory cases a few months ago to replace my older PC case, I like to refresh its look every now and then.

Im running a custom loop which is a little undersized cooling a Nvidia 980 and a i7 5820k, but only with a single EK 240mm rad, so temps aren't the coolest, I did have another 240 rad too, but I put a hole in it with a screw :(

The issue is those fans that came with the case were truly awful, they have almost no static pressure at all, but the main reasons I bought the case were for the RGB and the tempered glass.

I swapped the fans to my old EK Vardar F4 120 2200RPM versions which have a SP rating of 3.16mm H2O. I do not run these at full power as im scared they will suck me into the case :p but im looking for some addressable RGB fans with a decent SP rating due to my undersized rad for what im trying to cool. The EK Vardar RGB's aren't addressable so you cant have the fancy effects which I like.

My motherboard was just before RGB became a thing, so I also need a dedicated controller.

Im really struggling to find anything even with a SP rating above 2.0, so thought id ask the ones in the know for some advice :) Im after a min of 3, but possibly 5-6 fans. Any suggestions?

Oh, also, the Kolink has almost no space between the chassis metal and the glass front plate and I have no internal space to move the fans inside the case itself due to my reservoir mount location, so adding an RGB ring onto the existing fans isn't possible.

Thanks!

That fans just a bit girly! Try a Delta 120mm "5.0amp load" 5500 rpm 250 CMS it howls ive PFC121DE's 3.24a load they shift air https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88t4lXKwONU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWm_-tVnfOw :p:p:p

Back
Top Bottom