Hiring a car in Spain

Soldato
Hi,

I'm flying out to Spain tonight for a weeks holiday (who's gonna miss me? :p)

Now, we need to hire a car. Hertz need you to be over 25 to do so, is that the case with all companies in Spain?

Soldato
I normally hire my cars from a company called Skycars International Ltd, though the being under 25 isn't a problem for me :) Give them a call and see what they say, they also will normally price match so it might be worth ringing around beforehand and them pulling out your joker :)

Should also add, I've never had any probs with them, present the voucher and off you go whereas the company I used when I went to Lanzarote cause they were cheap, 2 hour wait as they hadn't faxed the voucher over and it was a right royal PITA.

EDIT: Damn forgot to include the link http://www.skycars.com/

Last edited:
Associate
Spain car rentals are really cheap and age doesnt matter as much - I use this, being 21 usually isnt a problem for any of the companies it throws up.

I got 7 days in a new focus 1.6 TDCi for just over 80 euros.

Associate
POB said:
www.carjet.co.uk

21 was minimum age. They use more local companies in spain then Hertz.

The minimum terms are listed on each destination I think.

im using them when i go spain on monday, car hire is provided by crown car hire (at malaga airport), the girlfriends parents used them last week and highly recomended them

Soldato
When you get there, ask the guy working behind the counter to recomment you a company. Check around though as every other shop will be offering hire cars.

Ignore the tour rep who will give you an awful offer.

Soldato
Another one for the list, parents (Who live over there) have used and can recommend http://www.rentspain.com/

If I was listening correctly when my Dad was talking about insurance in Spain before, you insure the car, not the driver and they generally have a limit of over 25s on the policies. Might have something to do with the age limit you found.

Back
Top Bottom