• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HIS 1950Pro 256mb AGP - Best drivers?

Soldato
i'm using the latest ones from ati (7.6) the drivers that came on the cd seem to be faster (6.3 i think) but i get an error in event viewer - ati2mtag CPLIB :: HDCP - Failed HDCP key binding verification

what issues are you having?

Soldato
OP
But running on normal stock value it shouldnt overheat. Not had any other cards in the past overheat.

Can you recommend any heatsinking or a fan for it to help out?

What would happen if I run on 100% fan all the time, not bothered about the noise as I use headphones.

Soldato
the worst that can happen is the fan will start to rattle but mine only rattled around 70% and stopped at 100%.

also check that the heatsink is clear, i just took mine off as i have my water cooling running again and it was full of dust although my case is clean and uses filters.

what revision of the card do you have? if your not sure then post up the actual clocks that it runs at, HIS released a rev 2 card that has a lower core speed but higher mem speed. most of the first revision couldn't handle the 620mhz core clock so it was dropped to 580 i think.

Soldato
OP
I will try that. IF I RMA it can I get a refund instead of a new one as I am not sure that I want another one of these if this is there quality?

Ill try that tonight. Thanks mate. You have been a real help.

Soldato
OP
Ok I ran the ati tool with stock drivers. You were spot on.

GPU Core at 573.75
Mem 742.50

benchmark 6150.15

Very stable

Run at normal default settings

Core being 630 something or near there
Mem 742.50

Crash and reboots half way through

What are my options?

Soldato
well it doesn't run at the stated speed that it was supplied at so you have 2 options,

1 - RMA it, not sure if you will get a refund. send ocuk or where ever you bought it from a note asking if they can refund.

2 - keep it clocked at 580mhz, if they send you a new revision then all thats different is the core is at 580 and the mem is a bit higher than the rev 1 cards.

i suppose you could argue a refund as you bought it due to the fact it was pre overclocked and thats why you bought it and it doesn't run at those speeds so therefore its not the product you want.

have you got a link to that score? it whoops mine and i ran it at 675/817 with tweaked vga ram timings and my cpu at 2.57ghz

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom