• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**HIS 6970 REVIEWED BY BIT-TECH - ICEQ COOLER IS SUPREME! **

Associate
Slight exageration there Gibbo. The review states:

"It isn’t silent, however, and it was definitely audible when playing games"

Quieter than referance coolers maybe, but not silent.;)

Looks good value tho!:D

Commissario
OcUK Staff
Slight exageration there Gibbo. The review states:

"It isn’t silent, however, and it was definitely audible when playing games"

Quieter than referance coolers maybe, but not silent.;)

Looks good value tho!:D

I am referring to our testing and in my oppinion I find it silent but I shall admit after several years of clubbing, concrts and gigs maybe my hearing is not the best. ;)

Soldato
Here is another HIS 6970 ICEQ Turbo review.

Quote: "HIS make a very bold claim that the IceQ cooler affords a 23c reduction in temperatures. Unfortunately, during our testing we were unable to replicate these rather optimistic claims. While the card was certainly quieter than a reference cooled card, the temperatures were nothing to write home about being average at best which was not what I expected."

Last edited:
Soldato
I am referring to our testing and in my oppinion I find it silent but I shall admit after several years of clubbing, concrts and gigs maybe my hearing is not the best. ;)

You should be saying 'I found the card quite' as silent is an absolute. Since this card comes with a fan it means it has a moving part and moving parts make noise which means its not silent.

Don
You should be saying 'I found the card quite' as silent is an absolute. Since this card comes with a fan it means it has a moving part and moving parts make noise which means its not silent.

Now that is not quite true is it, you can have moving parts that do not create any sound pressure. Is there noise within a vacume, in space etc ;)

Caporegime
Here is another HIS 6970 ICEQ Turbo review.

Quote: "HIS make a very bold claim that the IceQ cooler affords a 23c reduction in temperatures. Unfortunately, during our testing we were unable to replicate these rather optimistic claims. While the card was certainly quieter than a reference cooled card, the temperatures were nothing to write home about being average at best which was not what I expected."

Well the bit-tech review only says its 12c cooler than a stock card, they run on delta T when they do temps, which is rather retarded, I know why they do this but a huge portion of people who will read their reviews will read it as 47C, not 47C above abient.

Its not a great cooler, its not at all bad, when you insist on exhausting as much air as possible through a tiny, tiny, tiny vent and put lots of little obstructions across that vent, you've got a poor cooler in general, thats just the way cooling goes. Sure that kind of cooling might work in the days of cases with a single 60mm exhaust fan when the cases airflow is horrible, maybe even the days of a single 80mm fan, but 200mm silent fans in the top of cases, and 120-140mm in the back and front, maybe a huge fan on the side.

THere is zero issue with exhausting heat inside a case, nor will the temp increase effect a 24/7 cpu overclock in terms of stability.

For instance, gelid cooler ran the card 12c lower than the stock cooler, prolimatech dropped my temps around 30C..... didn't effect case temps enough to effect cpu stability in the slightest, its quieter because the air isn't attempting to squeeze out through a ridiculously poorly design tiny ickle hole, that has been further reduced for literally no reason at all.

Decent card, better than stock, not the best cooler, not the best card and bit-tech with their woefully poorly represented bar charts as always, failing to both list ambient(so you can't even work out the actual temps) and putting "delta t" in tiny writing at the very bottom of the chart when it should be VERY clearly writen in at the top of the chart so there aren't any mistakes.