Hitachi Finance with OcUK ?

Man of Honour
I'm glad you had a good experience with OcUK support.

and

i.e. "It's not our problem go sort it out yourself"

I'm really annoyed as I could have bought the kit outright, but it was easier (financially) to buy now pay later.

:rolleyes:
What do you want them to do.

Soldato
i.e. "It's not our problem go sort it out yourself"

I'm really annoyed as I could have bought the kit outright, but it was easier (financially) to buy now pay later.

But there is literally nothing OcUK can do in that case, if Hitachi are dragging their feet or your application is being reviewed manually then it's completely out of their control.

Soldato
i.e. "It's not our problem go sort it out yourself

Not exactly how I'd put it but essentially correct. You entered into a financial agreement with a third party. So if there is a problem regarding the finance it is up to you to deal with it.

I might add, without trying to come across as rude or condescending but if you aren't fully of the ins and outs of 3rd party financing then it's maybe best avoiding using it.

Last edited:
Associate
I am aware of the ins and outs of 3rd party financing and as others gave mentioned here I can get a decision and e-sign an agreement within minutes elsewhere.

The problem I have with ocuk support is the lack of *useful* advice. As another member mentions above they were advised about sending a scanned signed agreement by email, I just get a copy paste no effort reply. It's as if they don't want my business.

Soldato
as others gave mentioned here I can get a decision and e-sign an agreement within minutes elsewhere.

and that's very true, but that is an issue with hitachi rather than OcUK

The problem I have with ocuk support is the lack of *useful* advice.

but they did give you useful advice, namely

If you wish to speed this process up you will need to contact Hitachi.

As another member mentions above they were advised about sending a scanned signed agreement by email, I just get a copy paste no effort reply. It's as if they don't want my business.

apologies if I've misread the thread or missed a bit but I can't see where it was OcUK advised the OP to do this. reading between the lines it was more likely Hitachi themselves.

the reality is that once you enter into a 3rd party finance agreement the company you are buying from, irrespective, have next to no say in how things then proceed. the terms and conditions of the lender take over, and until they give the selling company the go ahead virtually all queries regarding the finance need to through the financing company.

I'm not saying that it's a good thing, it's just how it is

Associate
Hi, does anyone know how to make payment early before the 12 months are up and is there any extra charge if you do pay in installments before the 12 months are up.

Thank you

Associate
Off the top of my head, you just log into your account and 'make a payment' you choose how much you want to pay?

When I log into my account it just gives me the details and a button which takes me to the overclockers website. Nothing about depositing money.

Associate
Oh, well on mine at the bottom their is 'make a payment' click on that and it takes you to another page where you just type in how much you want to pay

Soldato
I built my current PC using the 12 month buy now pay later option. Went smoothly. Set up my customer area on the Hitachi website and the documents for the agreement were presented to be read through. I then (as I recall) just had to tick a few boxes to say I agree and job done. The digital signature thing was just a tick box as I recall, very much like when you agree to a EULA for software and games.

I settled the balance in full before the 12 months expired by simply paying by card from my account area on the Hitachi website.

So I am perfectly happy with how it all went :)

Soldato
I have two questions if I may. When I get to Checkout, how do you select the Hitachi finance option. It's not there for me?

Also, can you set up a direct debit to pay a bit of it off each month?

Soldato
Original message:

Has anyone else used Hitachi Finance when ordering from OcUK ?

I've had poor service from Hitachi since setting up the agreement as their customer service advisors insist on verifying I have done an E-signature (sign online) to complete my finance agreement.

After completing the finance agreement online and it being approved I do not see any option to do an E-signature. I had to print the forms, sign them and post them to Hitachi but they still haven't arrived so OcUK cannot dispatch the order.

Has anyone else used Hitachi recently and shed any light on this E-signature?
Yeah I bought my last PC with it a couple of months ago.

I can't remeber how I did the signature exactly, I think it was in Adobe and just typed my name in. Which created a signature, and then just dragged and dropped it in place.

Unless that was something else I had to sign around the same time, I had my insurance renewal, accepting the payout on the car etc all around the same time.

Soldato
I have two questions if I may. When I get to Checkout, how do you select the Hitachi finance option. It's not there for me?

Also, can you set up a direct debit to pay a bit of it off each month?

If you want to, yes. Although I found it easier to use my debit card and pay via my account area on the Hitachi website.

You have to make sure that you have DPD delivery selected. You can only have finance on products shipped to your home address.

On the checkout page you should have 4 boxes, 1 for your delivery details, 1 for delivery options, 1 for payment options and 1 for payment details. Finance and bitcoin options should be in box 3.

Oh and AFAIK I think you have to spend something like £350 before finance is available.

EDIT - webste says you have to spend £333.34 before finance becomes an option.

Last edited:
Soldato
I started with just this -

Screenshot%202015-08-07%2018.00.28_zpsjunl38dv.png

When I came back from editing the screen shot, the delivery methods had appeared... but no payment options yet.

Still, I'm trying to talk myself out of buying them at the moment, save money :(

Back
Top Bottom