Hitman 3 VR (PC) - Out On January 20th

Associate
Yep entire trilogy in vr, pretty great! The trilogy includes upgrades for all 3 games in the series and all are well worth playing!
Whats the difference between 1 to 3? I assume if you're only going to buy 1 of them then hitman 3 would be the one to buy? I like big maps...

Associate
OP
Hitman Trilogy Release Date and Time on Steam and Xbox Game Pass
Before Hitman Trilogy launches on Steam, IO Interactive will first launch the Year Two content of Hitman 3 for the existing owners of the game through a brand new update, which arrives almost 5 hours before the Steam release.

Hitman Trilogy, including Hitman 1, 2, and 3 from the World of Assassination, will be available on Steam and PC Game Pass on January 20, 2022, at 10 am PT/1 pm ET/6 pm UTC/7 pm CET, which is almost the exact time that the game was launched last year on Epic Games Store.

Soldato
It's now live on origin.
Just done the tutorials and so far so good, also doesn't use a whole bunch of Vram.

Edit

Played for 90 minutes and its fun (knocking someone out with a frying pan never gets old) but can't say i'm in love with the graphics, at all.
Will be interested to hear what settings you guys are using.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a quick go on it, got some issues like why are they using the trigger to grab, throwing things seems to be 50/50 as to whether is goes where you are aiming or just drops to the floor at your feet, performance though is excellent.

Associate
So I'm seeing about 20 variations of hitman 3 on steam, all dated today.

The trilogy details only mentions Hitman3- Vr access, nothing about Vr for 1 or 2

I've went with hitman3 standard package, that includes Vr access.

Last edited:
Associate
You can get a month of Microsoft Gamepass for £1 so that's a good way to try this game, as VR is supported on the Gamepass version.
That's what i did i'm downloading the trilogy now. Already had the £1 for 1 month deal to new comers before so just signed up again with different email etc :D

Soldato
Can't say i'm surprised at all.
As i mentioned earlier, the graphics are not good, and by not good, i mean the draw distance is absolutely horrible.
Characters up close are bearable, but that's it.
For me it's unplayable in VR.
I'll stick to the original format, which is outstanding.
Such a shame :(

Edit

Haven't any of these devs ever played HLA, and just maybe kinda thought about trying even get close to it without putting out the trash that they do?

Associate
Whats the difference between 1 to 3? I assume if you're only going to buy 1 of them then hitman 3 would be the one to buy? I like big maps...
I would say the games generally get more consistent as the trilogy progresses, and there are some small enhancements game to game in mechanics but it is quite iterative, they're not making huge changes game to game.
That said Hitman 3 is the one with the heaviest focus on story and imo has the most consistent levels of the three, then 2 then 1. But 1 is still excellent and I would highly recommend all 3! If you really only want to play 1 game then 2 or 3 would probably be the best choices with both having some truly huge, iconic levels.

Soldato

1 was good, 2 was brilliant, and 3 was not as good as 2 but had a couple of stand out maps.
If you could only buy 1 then it would be Hitman 2 for me I had so much fun on that one I think Hitman 3 was a bit of a chore sometimes,

and dont forget there have been about 10 Hitman games in all. Check Steam.

Associate
How can a VR port by the actual developers be worse than fan made ports for games like RE2?!
This is very true! But I guess mods are generally made by people who are just super passionate about their project. Obviously Devs at a company are mostly as well but can work under worse conditions and time constraints that an unofficial modder wouldn't

Soldato
It does have VR support. i downloaded it off there this afternoon to try it out.

When does it show up or should I saw how do you access it ? Just comparing it to Steam - Hitman VR is actually listed but if you look at it on gamepass its not listed when you look at Hitman 3.

(it must have been busy earlier as the download kept failing so I gave up)

Back
Top Bottom