Hive heating advice

Associate
Looking for a little help understanding which products I need to order.

At the moment I have a Honeywell ST9400C - Link that controls 2 zones in my house "heating" controls downstairs and "hot water" controls upstairs ... I am not sure if this is the norm, but the house builder was convinced it was the correct setup. There is a thermostat in the living room and one in the master bedroom that feed back to the ST9400C in the kitchen.

I have spotted a good deal on the Hive with installation on the rainforest but am not sure which I should be buying. Do I need "Heating and hot water" along with "additional thermostat"? I see the additional thermostat also comes with a controller box, is this needed?

Soldato
Yes you need one receiver per thermostat and one hub per setup. So for 2 thermonstats its one hub, two receivers and two thermostats.

The one with install only comes as heating and hot water and if not needed the hot water part is just ignored by the installer.

It is likely if you buy the kit with install included and then an extra multizone (£99 on BG and about £95 on Amazon) you may have to pay some more towards the install, as the install only includes the one zone (unless bought direct from BG at a total of £350), but its always worth asking when you call up to use the install voucher you get.

Back
Top Bottom