Hive Heating Only Install Receiver Wiring

Associate
Hello guys.

As much as I am in a new property they have fitted and old style timer and thermostat which is kinda annoying cause no matter how much I read I don't think I can self install my hive receiver. This is my current boiler and timer.

IMG_5469.jpg

To the right the white switch is an isolation switch, turn this off and the boiler and Drayton Thermostat, which is inside the house, goes off.

Problem is I don't have enough wires to even know where to start with the receiver, is it possible to do anything with the below or do I have to rewire from the terminals on the boiler too? Below is my wires in the house which is where I would fit the Hive receiver.

IMG_9702..jpg

I think I know the answer, I need more wires and this will require more work from the boiler which I'm probably not confident enough to do. I guess I just have the live feed and the switching feed which is 2?

Sorry I know there is a few posts about this but wanted to post my exact setup for advise.

Thank you.

Soldato
Why has the wiring not been clipped at all and whats with the compression fitting all about on the 15mm pipework under the boiler.

Associate
Fit the receiver near the boiler, make safe the wires for the old stat and fit the hive stat in the same place to cover the hole in wall

One of those flexes will go from boiler to old stat, this will have a common and switch live for heating, this goes in 1 and 3 on hive receiver back plate, then take a power supply for the hive receiver from the fuse spur

Associate
OP
The only wires going to the stat are the 3 in the picture exposed when I removed the stat front. They run directly from the big white switch on the wall to the right.

Associate
The only wires going to the stat are the 3 in the picture exposed when I removed the stat front. They run directly from the big white switch on the wall to the right.

i am not a boiler man or familiar with that boiler, just working from general combi setups and googled the Manuel

I would have thought that 1 flex goes from the fuse spur directly to the boiler, then the other flex goes from boiler to stat you pictured

If you don't want to open the boiler up then you can mount the hive receiver back plate near the fuse spur, cut the stat cable and reroute to hive backplate then take a power feed from the spur, should work ok

make safe the stat end of the now cut flex and fit the hive stat backplate over that

hide the other cut end in the trunking just incase you need it in future

Also set you timer on boiler to permanently on and let the hive control it

Back
Top Bottom