Hoegaarden

Associate
hoegaarden is great stuff. Its belgian also btw, not dutch. Dutch beers are heineken, grolsch, amstel, christoffel, tarwebier and so on

leffe blonde, leffe radieuse, leffe brune, leffe triple, celis white, st.feuilien, augustijn, grimbergen, dentergems, are all very tasty belgian abbey/wheatbiers :D

And you have to drink the belgian biers from the correct glass to get the full flavour and body of the bier. So if you ever see them in a pub, ensure you get the correct branded glass :)

hoegaarden's is like a hexagonal tumbler looking thing

edit - ''Dave77'' yes you can tour the factory. I think its now owned by the stella group whatever they're called

Last edited:
Associate
heres an other one to hunt down, its organic and i believe gives less of a hangover due to reduced chemical useage in the brewing.

Riedon Burger Weizen Premium

Associate
Don't forget your citrus fruit in your Hoegaarden.

Some places know about it, some don't, but try it.

Basically in your Hoegaarden chuck in a slice of Lemon, Lime and Orange.

Well nice :)

Associate
I love the Hoegaarden. The stuff in bottles isn't so good as the stuff on tap generally, on the rare ocasion you get a good one. Its very expensive over here about £5 for four bottles. However i get it by the crate from Belgium :D braught over when my friends parents visit or she goes there.

Its got to have the lime in it, much like Corona the lemon just wont do. My local place sells it at £3.77 a pint. Its the most expensive thing on tap in the place but its the best. For my birthday i got a half pint Hoegaarden glass from Belgium that was baught for me in a little box with a beer. Last week i brought 5 pints of Hoegaarden and told the bar owner how much i love it and how cool the glasses and i got one.

Soldato
manveruppd said:
Hoegaarden's good, Chimay's better, but for a smooth white beer that goes down well on warm days you can't beat a chilled litre-glass of Paulander!

Paulaner*

But yes, it's awesome :cool:

I'm also a fan of Erdinger and Franziskaner, two really nice German weissbiers. I've never seen the latter over here, but I've seen Erdinger in a few pubs which is awesome.

Permabanned
Efour2 said:
Probably one of the most over-rated, ponciest, "look at me i drink hoegaarden" beers availible in Europe.

White beers are rough at the best of times but to appreciate the "herby" taste of the Hoe is something you have to have beaten into you by multiple nights out with middle class 20 somethings and ex public school boys - come Adevrtising salesmen.

Haha describes me. No it's a very nice beer, perfect for the summer with a chunk of lime. I've got a few of the glasses too.

Back
Top Bottom