Holiday in Greece

Soldato
A bunch of us from school are planning to go to Greece in August for about 7 days. Problem is, we don't really know what would be best to visit.
We're looking to spend around 300-400 pounds, which should include stay and flights. Main aim is to just relax.

Any suggestions as to which island would be best? we were looking at Corfu, but nothing concrete.
A recommended site to book would be nice too :)

Soldato
Island hop!!

Great fun and realy easy.

Start in athens, get the bus to the port, cath ferry to island, locals tout for guest houses and take you there :) when bored move to next one.

We did about 5 in 2 weeks. met loads of folk, drank beer. vistied places and had a great time. :)

Soldato
Corfu is awesome!

I went to Sidari 2 years ago for my first holiday abroad.

Absolutely awesome holiday! Loads of bars and fantastic night life, great weather, gorgeous beach... I actually miss it :(

Went to Zante last year, and while it was even hotter than Corfu, the night life was crap. There were only 2 clubs near to our hotel.

The last night of the holiday made up for the rest of it though. There wasn an 'old skool' night on at one of the clubs (which had been shut all week). Oh yes, what an awesome end to a boring holiday!

If partying and sleeping around is your game though... check out Faliraki. My ex-gf went there last year for 2 weeks with her mates. One of her mates had a different guy every night :eek: (And before anyone says it... no, I'm not into that :p I just want to go on holiday where there's good night life. Nothing like chilling out on a dancefloor after a day at the beach).

Soldato
Got back from Rhodes last week.
Very nice, but I'd not want to spend more than a day in any one of the many beach locations. Worth hiring a car and exploring the island.

Soldato
^ haha :p Me>u!

Spawn said:
/awaits the arrival of our resident greek...pyro :p

Yeah, we don't want any binge drinking British chav messing out precious islands, go to Turkey. :D

But, if you are a good lad ;) I'd say go with someone who is Greek, should be better, do you have any friends there? If not, you can get a cheapish flight to Athens, stay there for a couple of days. Have a look around the city (it's hot at that time of year, probably around 40c), look what we where building 3000 years ago and then go to Pireas and get youreslf to an island.

I would say go to the Cyclades, it's very near Athens, in fact you can go to most of these islands in 3 hours if you ride the fast ferry (that's only £20) but in August the prices for a room in a hotel or a guesthouse are going to be a tad higher than if you where to go, say, June time.

Still it's not very expensive, my mates run a guesthouse where you can get a double for around £25-30 a night. The good thing about the Cyclades is that you can be in a quite place, alone in a beach, or, if you don't fancy that, be in a packet place with loads of peolpe and things to do. Same goes for nights out.

Anyway, have a look around your local travel agents, I'v seen some prices that are bargains.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the help guys :D
We'l look around some more and book soon. We're aiming to book it in a couple of weeks. I'l let you know waht we finally decide ^_^

Soldato
Spawn said:
/awaits the arrival of our resident greek...pyro
:mad:

@OP:

If you decide to go to "Corfu", make sure you call it by its correct name, Kerkyra ;) Its full of English ppl though, so not sure that's a good place to "relax."

Chilled out place, sounds like Spetses to me. Basically, go to Pireas, ticket place is opposite the left exit of the train station, book boat to Spetses, get on boat, 4 hrs later you're on Spetses. Very small and quiet, two or three clubs only, most tourists are Greeks rather than foreigners.

Forget Santorini or Mykonos, they will break your bank.

Zakynthos is another good idea, one of the most beautiful islands out of all of them, including a beach featuring a beached smuggler boat :cool:

Originally posted by SexyBettyKos, very chilled out

We're going there this summer :cool: Did you have much trouble to go to Turkey for a daytrip (if you went, that is?)?

Any more questions, just shout :)

Back
Top Bottom