Holiday question - Fuerteventura

Associate
Hi all,

I'm looking to go away with my lovely lady friend in June of this year and, after flicking through a few holiday brochures, we've shorlisted Jandia in Fuerteventura as one of our destinations.

The beaches look spot on and the idea of losing ourselves in this tranquil resort is really quite appealing. However. I understand the translation of Fuerteventura is windy island and a little more research on the subject seems to suggest that the place can get very windy and is a hot spot for surfers and the like.

This is slightly concerning and i was just wondering how windy it really is out there?! A sea breeze we can cope with but blustery winds don't sound too appealing!!

Any info / previous experiences on the subject would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Dan.

Associate
OP
LOL!! With him around the hotel could boast a whirlpool type swimming pool!!

So you reckon traveling in June wont be too bad?

I'm just worried that it might get a little chilly if the wind blows that much as june isn't exactly peak season.

Soldato
CoXeY said:
I'm just worried that it might get a little chilly if the wind blows that much as june isn't exactly peak season.

I went to Tenerife in November a few years back, apart from the odd splatter of rain it was t-shirt warm.

Associate
CoXeY said:
LOL!! With him around the hotel could boast a whirlpool type swimming pool!!

So you reckon traveling in June wont be too bad?

Don't get me wrong, it will be a little bit chilly, as in you'll notice the wind, but in no way will it spoil your holiday there at all. :)

Associate
This thread caught my eye because belive it or not im actually in Fuerteventura at the mo! We are staying at Caste De Fuste (hopefully thats spelt correctly)... we are going to pop down to Jandia some point as its supposed to be the "Caribean of the canary islands"...pictures look lovely.

It is windy here but its so hot even in March. We are pretty tanned already and only been here a few days. Not sure if it ever actually rains!. Not sure what the weather will be like in June but if your after a beach holiday its pretty spot on :D Best be off got 60 secs remaing on this hotel puter!

Associate
Be warned that Jandia in the south is also a favourite location for the German comunity to vist, the brits tend to stay at Caleta De Fuste, and is also very windy, so is a favourite area for the windsurf brigade :)

Associate
We went surfing in Fuerteventura last summer, it was quite windy but you can still relax on the beaches etc. You will just get loads of surfers/kiteboarders dragging their kit along the sand.

Associate
it was quite windy for the 2 weeks i was there but there was also very nice days where there was no wind at all.

good thing about the place is most of it is empty. the only packed areas of beach are thoughs right next to the major resorts. if you travel 5 minutes up the road you will more than likley find a empty beach just for you :p

although it has been a few years since i was there... this might of all changed.

Back
Top Bottom