Holidays 2022

Soldato
No, it's a mixture of airline staffing and airport staffing in general. Some of the worst hit appear to be holiday charter airlines such as TUI, which would not really be considered a budget airline.

Not to forget BA have cancelled 100s if not 1000s of flights and they are supposed to be a flag carrier. Much of the cancellations can be laid at the feet of the companies treating their staff like **** and in the case of BA, have put a lot of the staff on new contracts on reduced terms during the pandemic. After the pandemic, the jobs market became a workers market so a lot of them moved on to other jobs as they could afford to be more selective and who can blame them

Associate
In a war with the wife just now over the summer holiday.

She wants booked up for July, I'm saying too risky as threat of flight cancellations are very real.

We are not in a great place just now.

Associate
We are booked to fly to Portugal from Manchester in August with tui. If it doesn't happen I'll get over it, but it would be nice to have a little notice and I certainly don't want to get stranded out there.

Associate
Got a response on my claim submitted 7th of June to easyjet (1 of 4 claims submitted), saying we are getting £220 per person for the delay to the flight. This was the delayed flight going out; the other 3 claims are for the flight coming back, meals, taxi from Gatwick to Bristol Airport.

Associate
Is it safe enough to book via BA holidays currently? Assume they will fully reimburse everything if flights are canned?

Any recommendations for £4-4.5k in August for 2 people all in for 1.5-2 weeks? Something not too busy and warm/beach style...

Soldato
OP
I take it you visited the Castle and the Royal Gardens? Not long back myself, loved the City. Great vibe to it and plenty of areas for drinking out in the evening :)

Ye the castle was very nice inside, also went for the high views at the Palace of culture and science and also went to the Uprising war museum it was so packed though I couldnt wait to get out.

Old town was really beautiful loved the high from the church, my hotel was 1.2 miles out from Old town abit of blunder on my part wish I got a hotel closer on reflection.

Unfortunately it was there bank holiday weekend that I caught so it was very busy.

Worst part was Modlin airport tbh wont go back in a hurry hate cramped and small airports.

Soldato
Anyone been to Brazil? it it as dangerous as quite a lot of reports make it out what was the best parts for you.

We went quite a few years back and had a great time. Yes it is dangerous but you can mitigate that by ensuring you arent worth robbing by not wearing any jewellery, watches or expensive branded clothing. Iguazu Falls are well worth visiting, Rio was great (see sugar loaf mountain, Christ the redeemer, Copa Cabana, see the footy game/stadium if you are into that sort of thing). Food is amazing, the Churrascos are a must if you love meat. We basically did a tour round Rio, the Iguazu falls and then went on to spend a week on the beach in Salvador

Soldato
OP
We went quite a few years back and had a great time. Yes it is dangerous but you can mitigate that by ensuring you arent worth robbing by not wearing any jewellery, watches or expensive branded clothing. Iguazu Falls are well worth visiting, Rio was great (see sugar loaf mountain, Christ the redeemer, Copa Cabana, see the footy game/stadium if you are into that sort of thing). Food is amazing, the Churrascos are a must if you love meat. We basically did a tour round Rio, the Iguazu falls and then went on to spend a week on the beach in Salvador

Thanks for the information sounds good.

Soldato
The flight back from Rome wasn't too bad on Saturday via easyjet. Under 1 hr delay in total, landed at Gatwick.

Italy was beautiful.

uc

Soldato
Just returned from Porto - chaps, I really recommend this place. It is so good for a long weekend. There is no stress or pressure to do anything other than watch the world go by. Cheap drinks, cheap food, great atmosphere (literally busy 24x7).

Associate
While we're on Italy, I will be in Milan and Turin for a couple days each next week. Anybody been, any recommendations? Especially looking for some good pizza obviously.

We have friends there, but it is their wedding day next week so don't want to bother them asking for travel info.

Soldato
3rd Attempt at a 3 week California road trip, leaving Heathrow Terminal 5 at the start of the summer holidays....

We did 2 weeks in the Maldives in Easter though, so already been a good year.

Associate
3rd Attempt at a 3 week California road trip, leaving Heathrow Terminal 5 at the start of the summer holidays....

We did 2 weeks in the Maldives in Easter though, so already been a good year.

One of my favourite ever holidays. Hope you're going to San Diego, it is tons better than the other two!!

Soldato
One of my favourite ever holidays. Hope you're going to San Diego, it is tons better than the other two!!
First 4 nights in San Diego. Then typical LV, Yosemite, SF, LA route. With a few extra bits. Shame it will be peak heat, but leaving the kids with their grandparents, so win win.

Associate
First 4 nights in San Diego. Then typical LV, Yosemite, SF, LA route. With a few extra bits. Shame it will be peak heat, but leaving the kids with their grandparents, so win win.

We went SF in July and it was 15C and freezing wind, had to buy jeans and jackets. Went north a few miles over the bridge and it was 40C. Not sure if like that all the time but definitely had a micro-climate while we were there.

Vegas will be very hot. LA is usually a constant 25-30C so not too bad, Santa Monica is great for the beach! SD has always been comfortable when we've been there too, been back to SD about 5 times now. Has the nice sea breeze to cool down the city, if you hike through Balboa Park (which you should) it'll be warmer up there.

Associate
@kona786 those pics brought back some memories. Went to Rome at the end of May. Great food, weather and sites. Even managed to see Republic Day which was a bonus.

@bingham67 Lisbon is great. Have not done Porto so will add that for a long weekend at the end of August hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom