Holidays Costs in UK

Associate
Why would anyone want to spend money on a UK holiday at this price, when for half the cost (nearly) you can be in somewhere guaranteed to be hot: £900 for 2 adults in Lanzarote Vs £1700 for a haven caravan for two in cornwall. Has the UK priced itself out of the market ???

hol1.png

Vs

hol2.png

Caporegime
There will always be enough people wanting to stay in the UK for them to do business. Hundreds of thousands are scared of flying or simply don't want to take the family abroad as it's more "hassle".

Plenty of kids I went to school with who had never been abroad.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
I hate the idea of holiday resorts* but I think I'd probably take it over the caravan at that price :/.

* Give me an AirBnb / hotel and locals. I don't want to be anywhere near a compound full of drunk Brits in England shirts who never even explore the local area on holiday.

Soldato
What I don't understand is why someone on average wage can't afford the average holiday here in the UK. There should be some sort of regulation to make it so I can work the least possible but have the same holiday as rich folk. Inequality. I'm moving abroad. /s

Permabanned
Agreed that the UK offer is an absolute joke. Are they scalpers in the holidays market?
For that money, you can go to Riviera Maya, Cancun Area, Mexico, Smart by Oasis 4 stars...

Soldato
We often do 'cheap' Holidays at such places as a second holiday with the 'family' (So 20+ of us at one time) just as a weeks' get together..

It's probably worth pointing out you are pretty much paying for the caravan and if savvy, even peak season you can have a family of 6 for £1100 (cheaper if you just want the caravan), plenty of other places than cornwall (Dorset/Lake District, etc)..

So yeah, £180-£233 pp for a big family peak season in the UK isn't the end of the world is it??
CgU3gfa.png
YB2SOLK.png

But going abroad, I also prefer privately renting a villa and flying over myself, the resort hotels are full of the same kinds of people I see in the UK Holiday parks, I only put up with it so the Mrs can spend the week with her family, but when I go for some sun, I want to actually enjoy myself..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom