Holidays Costs in UK

Soldato
You're comparing 4 person accommodation against 2 person accommodation? Just because you book for 2 people in a 4 person caravan doesn't mean you'll get it for half the cost.

Soldato
I hate the idea of holiday resorts* but I think I'd probably take it over the caravan at that price :/.

* Give me an AirBnb / hotel and locals. I don't want to be anywhere near a compound full of drunk Brits in England shirts who never even explore the local area on holiday.

Indeed.

Soldato
People consider staying in a caravan a holiday?!

You couldn't pay me to sleep in one of those things! :eek:

But yes, if prices have been inflated massively then that's really not on. But people lost a lot of money last year due to lack of visitors, so I guess they need to try and make that back somehow.

Associate
OP
I doubt you'll find one.
That still doesn't mean you get it any cheaper for only 2 people than a booking of 4 people would.

A studio apartment doesn't have a bedroom. It's just 1 room.

Ah yes, sorry I was thinking of my booking which is a 1 bed apartment.

The above holiday in a 1 Bedroom apartment that sleeps 4 is £1,028 - inc flights

Permabanned
Instead of "praying", this industry can try to contribute by stopping the virus and improving the situation.

There is someone else who has an interest and works against the tourism sector and the society as a whole.

Soldato
Why would anyone want to sit on a overcrowded beach feeling like an oven baked chicken?? Beyond me even in these times.
I don't think that bit is mandatory.

UK holidays are great when it's sunny. But it almost never is (or at least isn't predictable) so I'd never book something in the UK.

Soldato
Ah yes, sorry I was thinking of my booking which is a 1 bed apartment.

The above holiday in a 1 Bedroom apartment that sleeps 4 is £1,028 - inc flights

It's a good choice but when you're sitting on the beach in 27 degrees drinking beer you'll never be able to shift that thought that if you'd only paid a little more you could be relaxing in a caravan in England hiding from the rain :)

Soldato
You're comparing 4 person accommodation against 2 person accommodation? Just because you book for 2 people in a 4 person caravan doesn't mean you'll get it for half the cost.

It's just about fairly comparing..
Using an extreme example where you are paying for 4 irrespective of a smaller party size is being a bit dishonest...

How about you just rent a cottage for '2' in cornwall instead for £539?? one that is commensurate with your party size?
U2zAOtG.png

Associate
OP
It's just about fairly comparing..
Using an extreme example where you are paying for 4 irrespective of a smaller party size is being a bit dishonest...

How about you just rent a cottage for '2' in cornwall instead for £539?? one that is commensurate with your party size?
U2zAOtG.png

if we are fairly comparing, the cottage needs to be 1 min walk from the beach.

Soldato
It's been this way since the 90s imo. UK holidays just cost a bomb. You pay a premium to stay somewhere like Cornwall/Devon/Bournemouth or a coastal place. It's packed with busy roads because everything is compressed towards the coast with parking issues. It then rains all week, all the other kids are off too so everything is busy. You then pay UK prices to take kids to theme parks and zoos and stuff. Then you pay to take the family out to dinner most evenings. Costs a fortune. Going abroad is better in pretty much every way.

Back
Top Bottom