Holy **** my motherboard just exploded!

Soldato
I'd go for Gigabyte over Asrock myself... 3 year warranty as opposed to 2...
Much funnier when you click on the GPU VRM failures list... :D

Got a link? Would I be right in assuming Nvidia has a higher failure rate>?

Can't remember who it was, one of the mods i think, posted some pictures a couple of years back where a fire had started on the usb headers. I remember that board being red so i wonder if that was MSI as well...

Think he used to leave his on 24/7 too!

I remember that thread, is was an MSI board I think...

Last edited:
Permabanned
Good effort there from MSI on blowing up. I really hope everything else has not failed.

It could have been a power surge but the PSU should have tripped under it.

Poor componet just failed over time, it happens no matter how good they are speced.

Just imagen if this was open on a desk!

Soldato
It's on the same page, just a different tab on the spreadsheet.

But basically:

GTX 590
GTX 590
GTX 590
GTX 590
GTX 590
GTX 260
Found it now, thanks. I'm not surprised to see the more power hungry cards are burning thru their VRM's, but it is a little worrying however, I'd think twice before getting a GPU that pulls more than 200W or so....

Caporegime
Found it now, thanks. I'm not surprised to see the more power hungry cards are burning thru their VRM's, but it is a little worrying however, I'd think twice before getting a GPU that pulls more than 200W or so....

It's not about them being higher-powered, it's all to do with the fact that the 590 is crippled in its fundamental design.

Well known fault that they can spontaneously blow up.

Soldato
Hopefully you will get a reply from MSI soon :)

If it's happening over and over with these boards, could be considered a 'manufacturing defect' and therefore actually go beyond the warranty?

Soldato
MSI STRIKES AGAIN!

Incase it hasn't already been mentioned, a lot of MSI AMD boards have a nice exploding habit going.

Sounds about right. The only board I had that went pop on me was an MSI AMD board about 6 years ago. Wasnt happy about it as it took my Raid 0 array with it (along with the data I had on it too) Luckily I had a recent backup, but still not the point TBH. :(

Permabanned
OP
Nah it right royally sucks arse!

You can't Market a board with military class components and then 2 years later goes BANG! I mean could you imagine if actual military stuff went bang? Well, I mean apart from when it's supposed to :D

Soldato

You can't Market a board with military class components and then 2 years later goes BANG! I mean could you imagine if actual military stuff went bang? Well, I mean apart from when it's supposed to :D

Doesn't say what military though, it could be al-qeuda, trying to blow up peoples homes using computer equipment! :eek:

Caporegime

Have a read into just how crap the SA80 rifle was before it was handed over to Heckler and Koch for "upgrading" ;)

Military class components... lol. Marketing for the stupid.

Caporegime
It's a bit harsh anyone blaming MSI or their choice of components.

This was a second hand board.

No one knows what it went through before the OP got it.

It could have been thrashed within an inch of its life on stupidly high volts.

Back
Top Bottom