Homage to Asus, Corsair, and Phanteks

Associate
I finally got round to posting my Evolv X build although in its finished state. I posted all the details on builds.gg so here is a link.

https://builds.gg/builds/homage-to-asus-corsair-and-phanteks-10997

The build is a homage to Asus, Corsair, Phanteks and of course GamersNexus whose content inspired me to put this rig together. Built in the Silver Phanteks Evolx X is an overclocked Ryzen 7 2700X at 4.2GHz all cores paired with an Asus ROG X470-F motherboard and cooled by an Asus Ryujin 360 AIO along with 16GB kit of 8-Pack Edition TeamGroup Dark Pro 3600MHz CL16 memory downclocked to 3200MHz CL14 at 1.45V.

There are a total of six Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM fans and a single Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 2000 PWM fan. These are configured as three NF-F12 as front intake, three Noctua NF-F12 in a push configuration for the top 360mm radiator, and a single Noctua NF-A14 iPPC for rear exhaust. All fans except the front intake have Phanteks Halos Lux Digital RGB fan frames daisychained through the Evolv X case RGB controller and then through the aRGB connector onto the Asus motherboard. All case fans use the Evolv X fan hub and onto the CHA_FAN header on the motherboard. I find the fans spin at around 800rpm and are whisper quiet at that speed.

I love the look of the Asus Ryujin 360 AIO with its customisable OLED display and also the Asus Thor PSU with its real-time wattage display. The 850w unit fits perfectly in the PSU cut-out but unfortunately the fan orientation meant I had to drill some holes into the PSU shrund to allow some airflow as it was the PSU fan intake is practically flush with the PSU shroud.

I have replaced the PSU cables with a set of CableMod Pro ModMesh cables in Carbon/Red.

The Inno3D iChill GTX1080ti Ultra X3 is an amazing GPU and its 2.5 slot design allows it to be mounted vertically using the Phanteks bracket included with the Phanteks Evolv X though the Phanteks PCI-E riser cable is an optional purchase.

I nearly sold the GPU when the RTX series launched but six-months on I'm glad I kept it as it performs great and can just about drive the 3840x1600 ultrawide monitor at its 75Hz limit.

Much thanks goes out to @ChugNorris for all his help along the way. It's taken nearly six months to get the build to how I wanted it.

Soldato
damn! does look good!

Thor PSU does look epic ! shame OLED has 3 yr warranty to the units 10 though.

Case must have some lovely airflow going through it ! :D

used ryzen ram calculator ? shouldbe able to push ram to 3466hz easily

Associate
OP
damn! does look good!

Thor PSU does look epic ! shame OLED has 3 yr warranty to the units 10 though.

Case must have some lovely airflow going through it ! :D

used ryzen ram calculator ? shouldbe able to push ram to 3466hz easily

Thanks @orbitalwalsh I’m glad you liked it!

The build took way longer than expected to finish, especially as I was luck enough to get one of first batch of Evolv X cases. I have taken a look at the DRAM Ryzen Calculator, as I’d been without a computer for a while I needed to spend some time catching up. I’m hoping to upgrade to a Zen 2 processor and X570 motherboard, so will probably wait until then to tinker too much.

I agree about the Thor PSU warranty, it’s a bit of a gimmick but I like the idea of the real-time power draw read out. The biggest surprise was how quiet the Ryujin AIO is in real use, I was worried about the launch reviews and the noise of the small 3000rpm fan pump housing, but in reality that with latest software it is whisper quiet.

Soldato
I theory that pump should NEVER reach 3000rpm , not with those fans ! Easier and quoted to turn fans in max then the pump. If the software is good, should keep it nice a quite for you :)

Power draw looks good, love to see if they work it so can enter your energy per unit costing and calculate how much you've just spent in gaming haha

Associate
OP
I theory that pump should NEVER reach 3000rpm , not with those fans ! Easier and quoted to turn fans in max then the pump. If the software is good, should keep it nice a quite for you :)

Power draw looks good, love to see if they work it so can enter your energy per unit costing and calculate how much you've just spent in gaming haha

The pump seems to stay at a constant 2700rpm, it’s controlled via a USB2.0 connection through AiSuite though it’s also plugged into the AIO pump header too! I’m hoping that Asus improves their Ryzen software in line with the Armoury Crate package on Z390 as that seems much more integrated.

Back
Top Bottom