Home cinema projector.

Associate
Im looking to spend around 300 pounds on a home cinema projector, it would be used for gaming and films. Obviously with this budjet I would be looking at buying second hand. I would be projecting at around a distance of 4 metres. I think the max resolution I would need would be 1024*768.

What can you recommend me?

Cheers

saFFyre

Associate
i have the epson tw10h totally amazed everytime i boot it up,i use it for dvds xbox and xbox360,also the bulbs are the cheapest i believe,whatever you get you will not be dissapointed im sure once you see how much better these things look than any tvs out there.

Associate
I have never really looked into projectors and WAS currently looking at maybe purchasing a HD LCD....

But this has intrigued me :) 82" is insane lol and the price is very good of that Epsom one....but will it display images in HD? What are the response times like because I will be using it primarily for xbox360....?

I take it PC's can be used with them as well?
Thanks for any replies

Associate
Tattooed said:
No the Epson will not display HD

argh thats a shame :( But the quality I take it is better than standard tele anyway?

I'd rather have good quality and MASSIVE screen than brillant quality and small screen.

whats the response times like on it?

Caporegime
saffyre said:
Im looking to spend around 300 pounds on a home cinema projector, it would be used for gaming and films. Obviously with this budjet I would be looking at buying second hand. I would be projecting at around a distance of 4 metres. I think the max resolution I would need would be 1024*768.

What can you recommend me?

Cheers

saFFyre

Surely you want hd?

Associate
i use mine with the 360 for games and dvds with no probs at all with response times,games like pgr saints row graw tdu they look jaw dropping,dont go into this crap about hdtv for the price they cost it just isnt worth it.also very portable mines setup downtstairs but ive taken it to bedroom and just projected onto the wall.

also i bought some blackout material 100inch got a long pole from woodyard wrapped and glued it.looks great and only cost about 20 quid to make

Last edited:
Soldato
The quality of picture between a £400 projector and a £400 monitor is incomparable, prjector may beat it on size, but thats all imho

daz

daz

Soldato
You'd be surprised.

Colour reproduction and saturation on even a low end DLP unit is absolutely fantastic... there's no way I'd consider purchasing a plasma or LCD screen now I've been exposed to using a projector for two years.

Energize said:
Actualy it's likely the projector will be much worse.

What projectors have you seen in action to reach this conclusion?

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
daz said:
Colour reproduction and saturation on even a low end DLP unit is absolutely fantastic... there's no way I'd consider purchasing a plasma or LCD screen now I've been exposed to using a projector for two years.

Whilst i agree, i dont see how you can be without a normal TV as well as the projector. I tried it for a few months, then gave up and bought a huge rear pro, and have now upgraded to a plasma to go alongside the projection screen.

daz

daz

Soldato
I've got a 28" Sony CRT for normal TV watching. If there was a decent amount of HD content broadcasted, I'd probably upgrade... but a CRT is the only way to watch SD content tbh. :(

daz

daz

Soldato
What projectors have you seen in action?
dunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom