Home network query

Associate
Before I get to my issue, let me explain my set up:

I have my main router (BT HH5) downstairs and have my NAS, Pi3, BT YouView Box and then a Powerline adapter connected to it with wires. I then have my TV, mobile devices and a FireStick connected to this router wirelessly.

I then have another Poweline adapter upstairs in my office that I have connected a 2nd BT HH5 to and configured it as an access point (DHCP disabled and changed the IP address out of the main routers range). From this, I have my PC and a CCTV system connected with wires.

The problem I am having is that when I try to connect to my Firestick downstairs from my PC using ADB, my PC cannot see it at all. I have even tried pinging it without success. Every other wired and wireless device can be seen by PC no matter which router/access point they are connected to. I can only see the Firestick when I connect it to my access point upstairs but the signal is not as good.

Can anyone help with this issue so that my PC can see it when connected downstairs to my main router?

Thanks.

Associate
Sounds odd, obviously both routers are on the same subnet/network range?

Is the firestick connecting properly to the one downstairs? Your PC can ping the HH5 downstairs without issue?

Does the firestick and your PC both receive the same default gateway?

Assume you are pinging by IP address so DNS is not the issue.

Try tracert, maybe it will show you where the connection gets lost.

Associate
OP
Sounds odd, obviously both routers are on the same subnet/network range? Both on same.

Is the firestick connecting properly to the one downstairs? Your PC can ping the HH5 downstairs without issue? Can ping every other device without issue.

Does the firestick and your PC both receive the same default gateway? Both on same gateway.

Assume you are pinging by IP address so DNS is not the issue. Pinging internal IP of Firestick.

Try tracert, maybe it will show you where the connection gets lost.

I have restarted it and can now see it but when pining and using tracert, it's taking about 900ms

Edit: Moved it to the 2.4Ghz wireless and it's a bit quicker now. It works so it will do for now. Thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
I have restarted it and can now see it but when pining and using tracert, it's taking about 900ms

Edit: Moved it to the 2.4Ghz wireless and it's a bit quicker now. It works so it will do for now. Thanks.

900ms, ouch, maybe try change the channel see if there's any interference.

Back
Top Bottom