Home Secretary caught telling porkies!

Capodecina
Soldato
Theresa May claimed at the Tory Party Conference that an illegal immigrant Bolivian student avoided deportation because of his pet cat.

Ken Clarke the Justice Secretary suggested that she might not have her facts right - i.e. she had been fed some startling BS by the Daily Wail and simply couldn't be bothered to check it out before showing the country what an idiot she is :D

Soldato
Theresa May claimed at the Tory Party Conference that an illegal immigrant Bolivian student avoided deportation because of his pet cat.

Ken Clarke the Justice Secretary suggested that she might not have her facts right - i.e. she had been fed some startling BS by the Daily Wail and simply couldn't be bothered to check it out before showing the country what an idiot she is :D

Why are you so anti tory? Labour hardly did a good job, did they?

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
A story which she said her advisers had checked before she made the speech.
I know.

Poor dear.

Let down by her advisers when all she wanted to do was to read blindly from an autocue and highlight a typical example of the failings of the human rights laws.

I expect that she will sack them all before the night is out . . . or perhaps not.

Permabanned
Well then blame the advisers. She didn't tell 'porkies', she relayed a story she had been told was real. Slight difference.

I watched it live, Andrew Neil had the document with the Judiciary response in his hand and she still tried to defend the authenticity of the claim.

She looked ridiculous.

Permabanned
I know.

Poor dear.

Let down by her advisers when all she wanted to do was to read blindly from an autocue and highlight a typical example of the failings of the human rights laws.

I expect that she will sack them all before the night is out . . . or perhaps not.

Well Tony didn't sack anyone when he found out he was 'telling porkies' about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq before invading.

But this is about a cat, so it immediately becomes bigger news.

Back
Top Bottom