Home Security Products - Eufy Security Products

Soldato
Can you believe they run a two-day training course to learn to install that? Lol!

I’m very pleased you’re happy with it.

No, absolutely not.

I think the most difficult part was that it took me 1 minute to find out that one of the device's QR codes was on the box and not the device.

Registered with the Pro account too as it was a bit easier to tweak and add/manage users in a business setting via desktop.

Permabanned
I thought the topic was eufy and where are the cameras on the Ajax site as I cannot see any on their site (motion sensors are not a replacement for cameras).

Soldato
I believe that @Russinating sourced his from a security store in Leeds. CCTV Direct I think.

That's right, I just registered, albeit with a business address/details (legitimately, it's for our office). Not sure how strict they are with retail customers though, it's not like I had to wait to be approved or anything.

They were just one of the approved distributors listed on Ajax's website and I didn't shop around. But, very good so far, everything dispatched immediately for next day delivery and I'm returning a device free of charge/postage which was also sorted out next day.

Soldato
That's right, I just registered, albeit with a business address/details (legitimately, it's for our office). Not sure how strict they are with retail customers though, it's not like I had to wait to be approved or anything.

They were just one of the approved distributors listed on Ajax's website and I didn't shop around. But, very good so far, everything dispatched immediately for next day delivery and I'm returning a device free of charge/postage which was also sorted out next day.
I'm self employed/freelance so wonder if they'd be ok with that.
I know what will take up 10minutes of my time in lockdown woes.

Do dahua doorbells alert through the ajax app or their own system?

Soldato
New PIR sensors arrived and installed today in about 60 seconds lol.

The thing that shocked me the most is how light the devices are. Like, SO light. How do they get a battery that lasts 5-7 years plus the tech in these things?! I just stuck everything up with the supplied sticky pads given how light everything is.

Caporegime
So, whats best for the normal household user?

I want to avoid Ring, purely due to the aspect of paying for storage. Eufy seems okay but i've recently read concerns with how they link with facebook and google? However they have local storage...

Any other contenders? I probably want a doorbell at first 'just because', mainly want it for a camera indoor and maybe an external one so may as well get a doorbell cam.

Associate
Eufy seems okay but i've recently read concerns with how they link with facebook and google?

I'm torn between the 3 of Eufy, Nest Hello & Ring Video Doorbell Pro.

What is this concern with Eufy and Facebook/Google? I havent read any of this, do you have further info?

Soldato
I can't recommend the Nest cameras more highly. The per month charge for cloud storage is reasonable and imo invaluable to protect against theft.

Only last week there was a car burglary on our road as they were trying all the car handles for unlocked vehicles. I was awoken at 3am from a police offer's torch activating our front door zone, so I scrolled back and saw two guys trying the handles (including our cars) 25 mins prior. Quickly got dressed and went out to speak to the police, suspects were in custody but they needed to corroborate. Showed them the footage on my phone and 60 seconds later I'd saved the clip and emailed the link for viewing to the officer's email address all whilst with them on my phone. Statement taken the next morning because they were arrested and I just needed to testify that the footage was legit etc, basically, and original mp4 was also downloaded and transferred to the officer's USB stick.

Can't ask more than that!

Associate
Great feedback, thanks.

I assume with being able to scroll back through, you have the Nest Aware Plus rather than the basic Nest Aware?

Soldato
I have a Nest Hello doorbell already installed but as they don't offer a Nest floodlight camera I'm thinking of installing the Eufy version. I was a little apprehensive at first having read a few threads on Reddit about Eufy possibly sending data back to China (http://community.anker.com/t/do-euf...-to-china-anyone-confirm-with-wireshark/71932) but as it's purely for outside video this doesn't concern me.
The floodlight camera gets really good reviews compared to similarly priced products.
The one thing I really don't like about the Nest Hello is having to use a 24v transformer and 24v doorbell.

Associate
I have a Nest Hello doorbell already installed but as they don't offer a Nest floodlight camera I'm thinking of installing the Eufy version. I was a little apprehensive at first having read a few threads on Reddit about Eufy possibly sending data back to China (http://community.anker.com/t/do-euf...-to-china-anyone-confirm-with-wireshark/71932) but as it's purely for outside video this doesn't concern me.
The floodlight camera gets really good reviews compared to similarly priced products.
The one thing I really don't like about the Nest Hello is having to use a 24v transformer and 24v doorbell.

If you are looking for a floodlight camera, have a look at the Arlo Floodlight cam as well as they Eufy.

Soldato
Great feedback, thanks.

I assume with being able to scroll back through, you have the Nest Aware Plus rather than the basic Nest Aware?

We just have Nest Aware. Not even heard of Plus so don't know if I'm on an old subscription that they're still honouring? Checked... yeah seems so, though looks like I'll save with the new sub because I've got 2 cameras! Thanks lol.

Associate
We just have Nest Aware. Not even heard of Plus so don't know if I'm on an old subscription that they're still honouring? Checked... yeah seems so, though looks like I'll save with the new sub because I've got 2 cameras! Thanks lol.
Haha, you're welcome :)

Back
Top Bottom