US: Homeland Season 2 (US A week before UK)

Soldato
Do I work for the writing team yet? I need a job!

Also was the women that got hit by the veep's kid the women that conspires with brody?

To be honest there wasn't much else that could have happened really. Either do what you said or charge him for terrorism and the series would be over :p.

One

One

Soldato
To be honest there wasn't much else that could have happened really. Either do what you said or charge him for terrorism and the series would be over :p.

He could have escaped like MacGyvar. Also, they didn't have to specify he had to leave politics.

Associate
It was pretty abrupt how Carrie just exposed the whole thing to Brody, I thought they were going to drag out the surveillance more. I wonder how she got her phone back from the daughter after the cops arrested her.

I was disappointed by the whole daughter storyline. Just as the guy was about to knock over the woman I said to my missus "Watch, he's going to knock over someone." And then he hit the woman. The whole subplot is like something from 24. On that show every character had to have some far-fetched drama going on.

DcD

DcD

Associate
Also was the women that got hit by the veep's kid the women that conspires with brody?

No, I think it was just a random woman.

From Wikipedia plot summary:

Finn takes Dana out on a date. Finn speeds away from a red light in an attempt to lose the Secret Service protection following him. The teens laugh as they speed through the streets weaving through traffic. Pulling out of an alley, Finn accidentally runs over a pedestrian, seriously injuring her. Finn wants to flee the scene, dreading the consequences if anyone found out what he did, while Dana frantically protests. They drive away when they see another bystander helping the injured pedestrian.

Soldato
Amazing episode, very moving, very cathartic.

It's quite hilarious that Brody's daughter has inadvertently caused the scandal that will ultimately be the undoing of the vice president, in a 'universe restores karma' kind of way. Cue more tender happy bonding scenes as Brody comforts daughter whilst thinking how bizarre it all is, and secretly glad that a man whom he has been conditioned to hate will have had a severe career knock back. More emotional catharsis follows.
(Yes another wrong hypothesis).

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
I'm interested to see how they manage the "affair" cover *when* the wife finds out. They could have written in a million legitimate cover stories so that one must go boom.

The suspicions of his old unit bubbling away could well come into play too, as they are on the right lines...

One

One

Soldato
A fully armoured foreign hit squad in a mass shout-out in Gettysburg? Hmmmmmmm.

Good entertainment if a little unbelievable. I'm interested in what's in that box though!

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the missing bullet is the deer one and the gun he used to kill whatshisname was from somewhere else. His millitary mate will be using that missing bullet against him but he will have proof it was used in his garden. Something to that effect anyway :)

Edit: also did his daughter/son have friends round in S01 and a door/window get shot at/smashed? Maybe I am thinking of another show..

Associate
Enjoyed that episode. I'm suprised that the hit squad didn't do a bullet to the head of the downed guys though. Kill confirmed and all that...

Brody's character and his relationship with Nazir and the CIA is intriguing though. Looking forward to seeing how it develops...

Back
Top Bottom