US: Homeland Season 2 (US A week before UK)

Associate
Enjoyed that episode. I'm suprised that the hit squad didn't do a bullet to the head of the downed guys though. Kill confirmed and all that...

I thought the same thing - 2 in the chest and 1 in the head. And it was pretty weak how they had to make that guy get a bullet graze on his face just so he would take the mask off and we'd know he was there. They should have just shown them taking the masks off in their escape car.

Caporegime
He should have had his wife take their daughter to the police, he knew he was being watched, that was stupid.

First thing you want to do when taking your kid into the police is take the biggest tool you have with you, a cop, a government official, etc, etc.

Whole thing is somewhat stupid at the moment, your kid is unhappy for a bit, so what. You could have sympathy for him before, he broke, everyone does, the CIA broke him again, fine, but he's acting as if nothing happened and its an unfair burden and writing wise I think that is weak as ****.

He was a god damned terrorist, the only reason he's alive was he didn't want to lie to his kid and because Carrie had his kid call him when he was supposed to be, you know, murdering a bunch of people. he agreed to work as a double agent purely to save his kids/wife from knowing what he'd done.

Boo hoo, she's a little unhappy that this little **** gets away with killing someone, its not her fault he ran someone over, and he should be punished. Why would Brody overall care about this at all, kid upset, the flipside is, kid is known forever as a terrorists kid, the biggest traitor the country may have ever known.... she will never, ever have even a marginally normal life after that. Being a little upset a rich boy gets away with a murder is tiny, almost nothing compared to that.

Soldato
First thing you want to do when taking your kid into the police is take the biggest tool you have with you, a cop, a government official, etc, etc.

Whole thing is somewhat stupid at the moment, your kid is unhappy for a bit, so what. You could have sympathy for him before, he broke, everyone does, the CIA broke him again, fine, but he's acting as if nothing happened and its an unfair burden and writing wise I think that is weak as ****.

He was a god damned terrorist, the only reason he's alive was he didn't want to lie to his kid and because Carrie had his kid call him when he was supposed to be, you know, murdering a bunch of people. he agreed to work as a double agent purely to save his kids/wife from knowing what he'd done.

Boo hoo, she's a little unhappy that this little **** gets away with killing someone, its not her fault he ran someone over, and he should be punished. Why would Brody overall care about this at all, kid upset, the flipside is, kid is known forever as a terrorists kid, the biggest traitor the country may have ever known.... she will never, ever have even a marginally normal life after that. Being a little upset a rich boy gets away with a murder is tiny, almost nothing compared to that.

I think that whilst we think that Brody being a terrorist is a bad thing and what he is doing is wrong, he believes that it's right and just. I think this extends to him taking his daughter to the police - he's trying to teach her the difference between right and wrong. I think that is why he's so close to breaking point because his moral code is being tested because he has to do something (work with the CIA) that he sees is totally wrong.

Caporegime
I don't think he does see it as wrong, at the time he thought working with the other guys was right and didn't see them as terrorists or himself. After "breaking" again after they found the video, he's gone the other way, realised that while he was being tortured and basically brainwashed he thought they were right. But the fact he's targetting innocent people is completely against what Brody believes, which pretty much moves him back to the other side of the fence. Essentially at this point his running mate has sanctioned and lied about missions killing innocents, and the terrorist kills innocents and lies about it, they are basically the same in his eyes and he's just realised they are both squarely against everything he believes in. So taking down the terrorist should be something he wants to do at this point.

He's still anti the guy running for president, and wars for money and killing innocent children like the terrorists son.... but the terrorist is also going for innocent people, on purpose and he's morally opposed to that.

There are two things now, he doesn't agree with the terrorists at all anymore, and has the chance to take them down, and he's also terrified of being found out by everyone else and his family. Both things take massive prescedence over daughter wanting to report a crime.

The crime can be reported later, stopping a terrorist attack can't, upsetting your kid in the short term to do the right thing is a very easy choice.

The problem is, its nothing to do with the kid, he broke, and clearly accepted that to hide what he did he has to help the CIA and it was made so clear he doesn't want them to find out under any circumstances what he did.... but before he knew about the daughter he was fighting them over every little thing like he was somehow being put out.

At this point he's working to stay out of a cell for the rest of his life, or more likely get the death penalty, but he's acting almost like he's done nothing and should be completely left alone... thats the part that is not making sense.

Lastly the stupid thing here is, the money man wants to support Brody and doesn't like the other guy at all. Second, while it will destroy his chance to run with the current guy, standing up for whats right rather than hiding a crime for his kid will be seen publically, and by the money guy as the right thing. It will strengthen his political position not weaken it and ultimately that works for him and the position he's in.

Reporting the crime would make him seem like a man of the people, not some rich a-hole whose kid gets away with murder, and he's still a politician even if he isn't running for another job. That is also bad writing, the terrorists HATE this guy he's running with and they could basically stop any chance of him becoming president while helping Brody look better......

Soldato
I don't think he does see it as wrong, at the time he thought working with the other guys was right and didn't see them as terrorists or himself. After "breaking" again after they found the video, he's gone the other way, realised that while he was being tortured and basically brainwashed he thought they were right. But the fact he's targetting innocent people is completely against what Brody believes, which pretty much moves him back to the other side of the fence. Essentially at this point his running mate has sanctioned and lied about missions killing innocents, and the terrorist kills innocents and lies about it, they are basically the same in his eyes and he's just realised they are both squarely against everything he believes in. So taking down the terrorist should be something he wants to do at this point.

I disagree with this. I don't think that he's gone the other way at all. I think that he's doing what he needs to do to make sure that his family are safe - I think that is the most important thing. Though I also think that he is doing quite a lot for selfish reasons. I definitely don't think what he is doing is being done to get back at the Arab terrorists. He hasn't targeted civilians, when he failed to detonate his vest that wasn't because he saw them as civilians, but because of his daughter. That's the overriding thing in his life. He still seems the current administration as the bad guys.

There are two things now, he doesn't agree with the terrorists at all anymore, and has the chance to take them down, and he's also terrified of being found out by everyone else and his family. Both things take massive prescedence over daughter wanting to report a crime.

Obviously, as I said above I disagree with you about him disagreeing with the Arab terorrists. However, I think that his family is the overarching 'thing' which motivates him to do what he is now doing. Something that he disagrees with.

At this point he's working to stay out of a cell for the rest of his life, or more likely get the death penalty, but he's acting almost like he's done nothing and should be completely left alone... thats the part that is not making sense.

I think that's the thing that proves my view, he's getting so fed up and angry of the CIA influence over his life even though he brought it upon himself. He hasn't accepted that he's doing the right thing and this is inevitable. He's compartmentalised his feelings and is doing the CIA thing to protect his family, and doesn't see that them following his family should be part of that.
I think it's wrong to assume that he's doing everything rationally as well, his constant breakdowns have showed that. The coming episode looks like it'll deal with that in a better way.

Lastly the stupid thing here is, the money man wants to support Brody and doesn't like the other guy at all. Second, while it will destroy his chance to run with the current guy, standing up for whats right rather than hiding a crime for his kid will be seen publically, and by the money guy as the right thing. It will strengthen his political position not weaken it and ultimately that works for him and the position he's in.

Reporting the crime would make him seem like a man of the people, not some rich a-hole whose kid gets away with murder, and he's still a politician even if he isn't running for another job. That is also bad writing, the terrorists HATE this guy he's running with and they could basically stop any chance of him becoming president while helping Brody look better......

You're assuming that works if it ever comes out. Plus, it's been covered up to a point for this current period of time which would be hard to explain. Ultimately, the CIA don't want any potential threats to his position and I'm sure that they will be able to sweep it all away easily enough.

One

One

Soldato
Helicopter ooooh! CIA is pretty useless, you think they'd have a tracker on his person (perhaps up his bum?), rather than only relying on his phone.

Soldato
I reeeaaallllyyy do not see how they can make a third season out of this. Sure, Sandman is still on the loose but things seemed to be getting stetched now.

Back
Top Bottom