Homophobic attack on two women on London bus.

Caporegime
Correct,

However it is homophobic if the motive for the the attack, is that the victims were homosexual.

Which according to the reports (which I can’t verify) seems to be what happened.

They didn’t attack randomly, they didn’t just pick anyone, they purposefully singled out a gay couple, verbally abused them then beat them.

Which makes it a homophobic attack, if the reports are correct.

If the reports are correct. If the reports are correct. If the reports are correct. All assumptions at this point. At this point all of the information for these reports seemingly comes from the victims who unfortunately can be incredibly unreliable and almost certainly biased - this is likely to be one of the reasons the police were appealing for additional information.
We're assuming the crimes that have been committed based on the victims analysis. We need to work on an independent analysis.

Caporegime
And I'd hate to live in a world full of victim-blaming, and not having the decency to believe two innocent women that were beaten up by a gang on a night bus, until proven otherwise. Seriously... :rolleyes:

Correct. But picking on them because of it is the very definition of a homophobic attack. God, it's like talking to a brick wall.

I don't know about you (i do from what you've written above tbh) but I work on innocence until proven guilty.

And again you're ASSUMING they were picked on because they were gay. Some articles indicate the altercation had started before that fact was known...God, it's like talking to a brick wall with severe learning difficulties! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
Well being targeted because of being a woman is a hate crime...

Either way it's up to the prosecution to prove it, not much else to discuss.
I don't see why. How about a man who targets a woman for a mugging due to her size? Isn't that just making things easy for the mugger rather than it being a hateful act?

Caporegime
A serial killer who targeted white people would be both a racist and a serial killer.

Not necessarily. I think for a start you don't understand the meaning of the word racist. Though that's not unusual on these forums...

Now take Fred West. All of his victims are white. Is that because he was racist? No, it's because only white people (women as it happens) were readily available for him to prey on.

Associate
Targeting the elderly is also a hate crime, its whether or not you can prove it was inherent in the criminal's choice.

No that's targeting of impact factors. It's only a hate crime if it was committed specifically because they were old/female/disabled.

Robbing a foreign national because they look lost and vulnerable is not a hate crime. Robbing a foreign national because you hate foreigners is.

Caporegime
A hate crime is surely motivated by hate....not financial or material gain? Or is the money just a bonus.

I don't know if it's sarcasm anymore.

Can a Chinese guy hate other Chinese Asian guys, kill someone, then be done for hate crime?

Isn't hate crime the dumbest ,**** yet?

Caporegime
It does however implicitly take part in decision making if you aren't ultimately really dumb and dont know who you're targeting, who would ever randomly target people?

And you dont need to actually "hate" them, it is merely the involvement of bigotry in the crime.

The fact is that the crime this thread is based on was not motivated by theft considering the reports, what you have left is either a hate crime or unmitigated violence.

Caporegime
No. He's talking complete crap. Age for example isn't included.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/hate-crime

Not included but is still a protected characteristic.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/section/4

"complete crap"

The protected characteristics
The following characteristics are protected characteristics—

• age;

• disability;

• gender reassignment;

• marriage and civil partnership;

• pregnancy and maternity;

• race;

• religion or belief;

• sex;

• sexual orientation.

Probably because it doesnt happen often enough to write it down.

Caporegime
That's the equality act relating to discrimination by employers etc. It does not relate to aggravated criminal offences.

Why would it matter, why exactly would they not be able to prosecute someone for attacking an old person for being old.

...Hmm, I wonder what the reasoning is for this that the government wont even add it to legislature.

Associate
Why would it matter, why exactly would they not be able to prosecute someone for attacking an old person for being old.

It matters because for something to be a hate crime it has to adhere to specific parameters as defined in the legislation. You can't pluck an unrelated act and apply it to criminal law because it suits your agenda.

Misogyny, misandry, ageism and goths are currently being considered as hate crime criteria, but they aren't included yet.

Hate crimes attract greater punishments and more compensation for the victim. It's very relevant to know what does and what does not constitute a hate crime

Caporegime
Soldato
I don't know about you (i do from what you've written above tbh) but I work on innocence until proven guilty.
Yet you're ASSUMING the girls are lying. Why? :confused:
And again you're ASSUMING they were picked on because they were gay
Again, the girls said they were picked on because they were kissing, and the guys were trying to get them to kiss again, and were being abusive because of this.

Caporegime
Yet you're ASSUMING the girls are lying. Why? :confused:
Again, the girls said they were picked on because they were kissing, and the guys were trying to get them to kiss again, and were being abusive because of this.

I'm not assuming they're lying at all. I'm just saying we cannot trust that what they're saying is the truth. Two very different things.

Back
Top Bottom