Homophobic attack on two women on London bus.

Caporegime
Looks like those lesbians have bigger balls than you.

I guess they chose not to sit there and take it like gutless cowards - rather than shrivel up like a wet paper bag, they chose to stand up give some back.

I don't think there's anything moronic about it whatsoever, rather brave and commendable if you ask me - even if they did take a beating in the end.

just lol.

so you would confront 5 black guys harassing you on a bus?

come off it the lesbians likely thought because they were woman they wouldn't dare be attacked. how wrong they were. stupidity and naivety nothing less.

like i said before only a moron would confront them. how many people have you seen with stab marks on their face? i see them daily in glasgow. it makes you think twice. this was the knife capital of the world for decades and it's still high but been overtaken i believe due to the much harsher punishments due to reforms.

i'd love to see you confront 5 neds on a bus in easterhouse. you would be dead before the driver heard your screams.

Soldato
just lol.

so you would confront 5 black guys harassing you on a bus?

come off it the lesbians likely thought because they were woman they wouldn't dare be attacked. how wrong they were. stupidity and naivety nothing less.

like i said before only a moron would confront them. how many people have you seen with stab marks on their face? i see them daily in glasgow. it makes you think twice. this was the knife capital of the world for decades and it's still high but been overtaken i believe due to the much harsher punishments due to reforms.

i'd love to see you confront 5 neds on a bus in easterhouse. you would be dead before the driver heard your screams.

Don't presume to tell me, what I would or would not do in such a situation, you know nothing about me whatsoever - so let's just leave that there.

I put it to you, that they were brave to stand up to them - and in this case, even though they took a beating, it was a risk worth taking - because it made headlines, which would ultimately put more pressure on the police to find and prosecute the thugs who started this.

Caporegime
Or they could have potentially de-escalated the situation and gone home without receiving a beating. Which would have been better for all concerned.
Seemingly they did try this and failed according to an interview with one of them.

Caporegime
Or they could have potentially de-escalated the situation and gone home without receiving a beating. Which would have been better for all concerned.
Seemingly they did try this and failed according to an interview with one of them.

the story i read said one of them was in the aisle giving it large and the other one got smacked when she went to attempt to break it up. they were focusing on the other one which is why you can see one of them got battered and the other just got a smack.

Soldato
the story i read said one of them was in the aisle giving it large and the other one got smacked when she went to attempt to break it up. they were focusing on the other one which is why you can see one of them got battered and the other just got a smack.

Are you completely unable to understand what's happening here? Or are you just stupid? Or maybe on drugs? I'd love to know.

You've got two women on a date.

Two women on a date!

You're basically talking about them, as though they're two blokes out on the **** looking for a tear up on a bus, and they're somehow to blame for getting involved in the altercation.

Caporegime
Not sure why you don't think women can't respond to provocation?

His language is fruity, but it's quite understandable the meaning.

Don't you get extra defensive if someone embarrases you Infront of your gf or freinds?

There's nothing, as there is literally zero evidence to us, that suggests anything to the reality of how the situation paned out.

We are all just having fun talking bs and hypotheticals.
None of us know jack... Just assume from our experience or lack of.

Soldato
Impressed that Psycho Sonny managed to call the victims naive, stupid and moronic in one post. I wonder if there's more to his username than we think. Just, wow.

Soldato
Impressed that Psycho Sonny managed to call the victims naive, stupid and moronic in one post. I wonder if there's more to his username than we think. Just, wow.

It's insane.

Imagine it - you're on the end of a tirade of homophobic abuse, people are throwing coins at you, demanding you do god-knows-what. The default response is that you must sit on your hands, look straight ahead, close your eyes and pray to god that nothing bad will happen. Meanwhile, you're robbed, beaten and publicly humiliated.

Any attempt to confront this assault, stop it, or fight back - is viewed as wrong, because you're making the situation worse by antagonising the assailants even more, you should sit and accept what's happening to you. Furthermore, if you do dare try to 'take on' the attackers, you'll basically be written off as just going after some fame, or trying to force your LGBT agenda on everyone else.

Mental.

Soldato
It's insane.

Imagine it - you're on the end of a tirade of homophobic abuse, people are throwing coins at you, demanding you do god-knows-what. The default response is that you must sit on your hands, look straight ahead, close your eyes and pray to god that nothing bad will happen. Meanwhile, you're robbed, beaten and publicly humiliated.

Any attempt to confront this assault, stop it, or fight back - is viewed as wrong, because you're making the situation worse by antagonising the assailants even more, you should sit and accept what's happening to you. Furthermore, if you do dare try to 'take on' the attackers, you'll basically be written off as just going after some fame, or trying to force your LGBT agenda on everyone else.

Mental.

In this situation, I think they should have tried to get off the bus or call the police. Saying they should have fought back is just silly. In this day and age, probably the best thing you can do is to go live on Facebook or something. People are less likely to do things if they know their face is on some digital database.

Soldato
also used, by you ? on the GD is dead thread (has it died yet ?) but, could have "OCuk is so moneysupermarket"

In this day and age, probably the best thing you can do is to go live on Facebook or something
maybe it was recording the incident with the mobile phones that triggered the theft and violence - everyone should watch james woods in Salvador,
.. was everyone teetotal

Soldato
What would have made the attack non-homophobic? Or non-hate motivated?

Silence and punch to the face? Or calling them straight before a right hook? Even though they are lesbians, would misidentifying them while assaulting them have made a difference?

Soldato
What would have made the attack non-homophobic? Or non-hate motivated?

Silence and punch to the face? Or calling them straight before a right hook? Even though they are lesbians, would misidentifying them while assaulting them have made a difference?

If the attackers were also Lesbians they may consider it a non-hate crime.. oh and also the same skin colour, and the Lesbian victims weren't also Muslims, or immigrants, or any other protected class.

Soldato
Some people seem to think that because the victims were lesbians, it's unfair to take that into account, we should only consider them as women and nothing more. No different than anybody else who may be attacked on a bus at night.

To point out they were lesbian, and how that might add an additional level of wrongdoing to the crime - for some people seems inconceivable and is unfair on the defendants, because they'll receive a harsher punishment than if they'd attacked a straight women or man in a random attack.

The fact of the matter is, according to all the reports - they were attacked because they were lesbian, that's the whole reason it started, the motive. Not because they were black, asian, fat, thin, white - they were attacked because they were lesbians.

Therefore, this is an aggravating factor - if you single someone out and attack them because of a specific factor, that is an additional level of malice or intent that would not be present in a random attack - which makes it worse, because it carries additional levels of criminal intent, than say simply beating and robbing a random person. (which in itself would still be a serious crime)

The society we live in has made an intense and successful effort over the years, to be inclusive of these people, as a society we should be open and accepting of people who were born a certain way and allow them to live as they please, when they're attacked and beaten because of how they live - we should all be appalled, especially when they're seemingly singled out for that reason.

Soldato
I think in all seriousness that the fact they were Lesbians definitely was an incitement for the incident to happen, but equally the incident could've happened for any other arbitrary reason that the idiots decided at the time. They might have decided that a guy was wearing a wrong type of hat, or a girl had the wrong colour hair, etc; they probably don't hate people who are gay or lesbian, that would actually be giving them some credit in that they think that far ahead, it just happened to be the the thing that was different about them that gave them an excuse. I understand that it will no doubt be classed as a hate crime, but there was probably also someone stabbed to death that night for a different arbitrary reason like they live in the wrong post code, yet this incident is given precedent in the media because the victims happen to be gay. That's my issue with this story.

Back
Top Bottom