Honda Civic Mark 7 Wishbone bush split

Caporegime
I would only ever replace safety critical items with parts from a known manufacturer and source, not worth risking your life to save a few quid.

Secondly if a bush is split can't you just replace that rather than two arms?

Soldato
Search on on sites like autodoc or buycarparts for an arm. MOOG are a decent equivalent arm and will probably be 60-70 each .

I also wouldn't go with a random no name arm off eBay.

Permabanned
It's damn nigh impossible to replace a bush on a suspension arm unless you have access to a powerful press or
special kit. I resorted to a blowtorch once and the bush resolutely refused to be extricated

The cost difference between a new bush and the time/effort/swearing/skint knuckles
spent fannying about replacing it, and the cost of a new arm, is worth serious consideration.

Soldato
^^^ drill the bush several times around the circumference to reduce tension and then carefully cut the sleeve. Works but you most likely need a press to put the replacement in anyway unless you are using poly bushes which only require a vice.

Only worth it for a modified car so the Ebay arms should be fine as it's hard to tell the difference between parts these days due to them mostly being made in China anyway.

I was looking at the rear arms on my i3 recently and they're the thinnest pressed steel construction I've seen on a car and surprising what works!

Associate
OP
I've decided to take the car to the local garage who is reasonably honest.
If the Honda Civic Mark 7 Wishbone bush is split what part would I need, did I find the correct par albeit of questionable quality.
I suppose they can order the correct bit I just thought it would save time and if I can buy it cheaper with a bit of research.

Soldato
Easier & cheaper to just replace the whole arm rather than the bush, a lot of garages don't even want to change the bush.

misterauto is usually my go to place these days, good brands, i fitted Moog wishbones on a Honda while back, they were cheap & ok quality, not the best but do the job, main contention use of self locking nuts and not pin and castle nut which I prefer.

Back
Top Bottom