Honda FRV

Associate
Hello,

Looking at getting a new car- we currently have a Renault Grand Scenic and its a pile of poo in terms of reliability.

What we need is a car with 3 seats big enough for car seats in the back.

Looking around I can get a Honda FRV 2.0 Sport for £4k which seems reasonable.

Are they any good? Would you reccomend anything different? Budget is £4k + part exchange value of my French Turd. (£750?)

We do 10-12k miles a year - including 10-15 300 mile trips on the motorway so wouldnt mind cruise control. Im thinking petrol is fine.

Any thoughts?

Don
2.0 iVTEC
Same engine as I have in my CRV and it's pretty good. 35mpg on a run and 30mpg average since I've owned it with a mix of towns, country roads and motorway.

It's not going to set the world on fire but it's a quite tuneful lump and never feels like it's struggling like many other 4-cyl petrols. It likes to rev too.

Associate
OP
Went to look at one today.

Possibly the worst example in the UK. 4 different makes of tyre. After market parking sensors where whoever fitted them used a drill bit at least 2mm too big so there was visible expanding foam from the bumper.

The 'full service history' looked like too good to be true with a recipe for a cam belt change when the car doesn't have one...

but on the plus side it was a nice colour. Well apart from the drivers door and the front wing which were just the wrong shade and the expanding foam.

Soldato
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I will do some research.

Be careful, two of the worst examples of the FN2 I eventually bought were at Honda dealers, a dealer i've previously had good experiences with unfortunately.

No Honda history, nasty condition inside and out, a reluctance to commit to sorting out what would be Honda warranty work to guarantee a sale.

Back
Top Bottom