Honda S2000 Help

G_D

G_D

Associate
I am currently minding a S2000. Having put the top down this morning both windows went down automatically in the process as expected. However that was the last time I got any response from the passenger side window which is now stuck down. The other problem with this is that the alarm goes off when the windows are left down so as the car auto-locks the alarm goes off. Hence the car is now sat with a disconnected battery in the garage.

Is this a 'common' problem on the S2000 (are there any common problems with a Honda these days.....) and if so what is usually the cause? My best guess is it must be the motor seeing as it wont open from either side partly ruling out the possibility its the switch. Any other logical ideas? Relays and the like?

My other question for anyone with the car is how do the door trims come off? Im guessing it's just the two screws in the handle and a matter of clipping it off?

Thanks for the help,

G_D

Associate
If you look on the drivers side controls for the windows there should be a big switch that clicks left to right, it's used to lock the passanger side window. I'd check to see if thats the issue to begin with.

Soldato
If you look on the drivers side controls for the windows there should be a big switch that clicks left to right, it's used to lock the passanger side window. I'd check to see if thats the issue to begin with.

^ This

You've no idea how many posts are on the s2ki owners forum about 'broken' passenger windows. :D

G_D

G_D

Associate
OP
Yup you were all right just been out and sorted it. What a hideously embarrassing reason lol.

Problem was the real owner had left the magic button in the off ('broken') position. Then when I jumped in one of the first things I did was "owwww a button with roof written on it" about 30seconds before I had to go to work till 11pm and hence the panic and lack of time to look properly.

Thanks for sorting me out.

Back
Top Bottom