Honest burgers or 5 guys

Soldato
Five Guys is just overpriced IMO, once you’ve got a burger, fries and a drink it’s over £15 which is nuts for what it actually is. The food is fine, it’s just too expensive when it’s served in a paper bag and has McDonalds level of service.

Honest Burger is about £2 more and it actually comes on a plate and is generally just better.

Associate
Truth be told I rarely eat out these days as prices no longer match what your getting.
£10 for fish & Chips
£2.75 for a tiny pot of Pret porridge
£3 for a coffee.
Etc etc etc

Quality has gone down as have portion sizes yet prices just keep going up!

Soldato
Truth be told I rarely eat out these days as prices no longer match what your getting.
£10 for fish & Chips
£3 for a coffee.
Etc etc etc

I just buy burgers in a butcher shop for £1 each and they beat anything i have tried eating out, you can tell they are very pure with no crud mixed in to bulk them

Caporegime
£10 for fish & Chips
£3 for a coffee.
Etc etc etc

Cod is bloody expensive now thanks to overfishing. You’re looking at £7 a pound in shops now.

Associate
Cod is bloody expensive now thanks to overfishing. You’re looking at £7 a pound in shops now.
When's the last time you saw your local chippy owner down the supermarket fish isle stacking his trolley with cod?
They buy it at wholesale prices for about £6.25/kg for skin on fillet last time I asked. Medium sized cod is on average 170grams of actual fish. You do the maths!

Caporegime
When's the last time you saw your local chippy owner down the supermarket fish isle stacking his trolley with cod?
They buy it at wholesale prices for about £6.25/kg for skin on fillet last time I asked. Medium sized cod is on average 170grams of actual fish. You do the maths!
You may be right, they charge too much because it’s not as if they don’t have to pay wages, business rates, rent, tax, energy bills is it :rolleyes:

Soldato
But you'll need to add a supposedly 'optional' Service Charge of what 15%?? then a tip on top.

I would never add a tip on top of a service charge.

I do like five guys, but they've got quite a bit expensive over the years for what is essentially a takeaway.

Soldato
Last time I asked in a chain restaurant the server had to get the manager who came to ask me why. We had a conversation and yes he did remove it but through gritted teeth.

Really? Pretty much proves the point though and not removing the optional service charge no questions asked is just poor. My wife would probably boycott the entire chain if that happened to her.

It’s really quite presumptuous that you have actually had a good experience or someone has gone out of their way to do something for you.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Out of the two I'd choose Honest Burger, simply because I haven't tried them yet. Five Guys us a good (albeit expensive) choice for a quick takeaway that is reasonably good - and they're milkshakes are heaven. Though as it's London is opt for Patty&Bun, been twice and absolutely loved it!

Back
Top Bottom