Honesty

Soldato
If you're in a restaurant and they bring you the bill and it's a fair bit cheaper than you expect it to be (say £10/20). What do you do?

Do you ask them to clarify the costs as you think you've been undercharged? (it may be that you haven't after all)

Do you say nothing and pay up and leave?

Do you put the money you think it's should be and think they might correct it?
and if they don't correct it. Do you leave the money as a tip or keep it?

Soldato
I think I probably wouldn't say anything :p I think this has happened to me once, and instead of saying anything we gave a bigger tip to our waitress at the time.

Associate
If you're in a restaurant and they bring you the bill and it's a fair bit cheaper than you expect it to be (say £10/20). What do you do?

Do you ask them to clarify the costs as you think you've been undercharged? (it may be that you haven't after all)

Do you say nothing and pay up and leave?

Do you put the money you think it's should be and think they might correct it?
and if they don't correct it. Do you leave the money as a tip or keep it?

Personally i expect this to be accurate if its as simple as they've not calculated it correctly nor double check it isn't my problem and i would pay what is quoted.

Soldato
I prefer to cook at home rather than pay some jumped up **** to do it and charge me 10x what the meal is worth.

Then again, I work as a chef so I rely on mugs like that to pay my wages... ;)

Soldato
I probably wouldnt notice as I dont tot up the costs myself.....I probably get ripped off quite a lot actually.
This, don't even check my change.

On the other hand my dad spends about 5 minutes going through the bill, will ask about anything that doesn't seem right.

Back
Top Bottom