Hong Kong travel guide

Associate
Hi :)

Can any one recommend one? Looking through reviews upon reviews on Amazon of various ones and they all moan about things like the travel maps/info being out of date - a big part of why I am buying one!

(Will also be looking for one for Xi'an and Beijing but not got that far yet, if any one has any tips there too..)

Cheers!
Shell

Associate
OP
I've enjoyed the Lonely Planet guides in the past but they've just got terrible reviews for Hong Kong and Beijing. Then I seem to be able to find nothing for Xi'an (should I be searching for a different name?).

Tempted to just print off some travel maps and WikiTravel before I go instead!

Associate
I recommend doing your travel research on the net but if you do need to buy a book then Lonely Planet guides are a good start.

Just come back from a week there myself, if don't mind travelling using boats and buses and like the quite seaside island feel then stay at the Silvemine Beach Hotle in Mui Wo very basic and brekkie is nice

Things a tourist must Do go to victoria Peak twice once during daylight and once on the night, there is a tram that you can get from Tsim Sa Tsui straight there but that's about a £10 (I think) or for mega views and very scary get the number 15 bus from Central Ferry Harbour you just need to cross the road LOL

Big Buddha on Lantau Island and climb the apporx 200 steps to the top

Mongkok night market (if you like a haggle)

Use the bus system to see things

Have fun

Associate
Hong Kong is pretty small so you don't really need a dedicated travel guide for it imo, unless it's some fancy/hidden away bar/restaurant. The various activities and sites are available on the local tourist maps.

Back
Top Bottom