• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Hoping to install Ryzen 5800x tonight

Associate
Hi guys,

hoping to install the Ryzen 5800x and just wanted to clear up one thing.
In the motherboard manual it states that I should align the triangle on the cpu with the triangle on the
motherboard, problem is there is no triangle on the cpu, all I see is a small gold dot.

Is the gold dot what should be aligned on the motherboard triangle?
Don't want to damage any pins.

Any help would be great, thanks

Man of Honour
Should be like this .

cpu-back.jpg

Notice the pin pattern by the gold triangle is diffrent to the other 3 corners.

Soldato
I couldn't find the arrow indicator on my ROG B550-F mobo when installing my 5800X last week. Had to make a best guess based on the way my previous 3600 was mounted. Can you actually put them in the wrong way though? Mine felt like it kina fell into place.

Soldato
I couldn't find the arrow indicator on my ROG B550-F mobo when installing my 5800X last week. Had to make a best guess based on the way my previous 3600 was mounted. Can you actually put them in the wrong way though? Mine felt like it kina fell into place.

On the motherboard the indicator is often just a very faint triangle indentation in the plastic shroud. You have to look quite closely with good lighting.

But no, you can’t physically fit it the wrong way - it’ll only locate the pins and drop in when correctly aligned.

Associate
OP
Stable bios , beta if problems arise.
Great advice, thanks again mickyflinn.

If you want to enable SAM / Resizeable bar then you'll likely need one of the most recent beta bios.
Bios F12, (the one before the beta, the beta bios is for the new Agesa) supports resizeable bar, unfortunately the graphics card I will be using doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom