Horizon: Forbidden West

Soldato
I am playing on normal, but have had to swap it to easy for a couple of boss fights. Currently at level 14, but trying to do side quests as much as possible. Haven't found a cauldron yet, and only just found the first tallneck. As for combat I am enjoying it for the most part, although it can get a bit hectic if you get spotted. Trying to stealth as much as possible.
FYI for other players. I came across a bug on the first Tallneck where I would fall through the platform. Restarting the game fixed it.

Soldato
There is no FOV slider, how the hell did that get confused? Patch incoming to fix the myriad of visual issues, I'm going to wait until then as they are far too distracting for me.

Soldato
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience and support; we have just released the first patch for Horizon Forbidden West! Patch 1.05 fixes a number of issues and crashes that you reported. Here’s what’s been resolved, as well as what that are team is currently investigating:

PATCH NOTES

KNOWN ISSUES

We are currently looking into several issues reported by the community:

• The team is investigating with high priority, several graphical issues reported by players regarding shimmering, sharpening and screen saturation when moving the camera.

• Some players are experiencing an issue with infinite loading screens when attempting to load into Melee Pits.

• Some players are experiencing an issue where Aloy’s outfit appears blurry in Photo Mode.

• Some players are experiencing an issue in main quest ‘Reach for the Stars’ where Aloy can’t interact with a machine carcass, blocking progression.

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

Main Quests

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Reach for the Stars’ where reloading a certain auto-save after completing the first quest could block progression.

• Fixed an issue during interlude ‘The Eye of the Earth’ where Aloy could fall out of the world after skipping a cinematic.

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Cradle of Echoes’ where Varl would wander off on a reload from save.

• Fixed an issue in main quest ‘The Sea of Sands’ affecting several grapple points.
Side Quests and Errands

• Fixed an issue in side quest ‘Blood Choke’ where Atekka would appear to fall out of the sky.

• Fixed a progression issue in side quest ‘In The Fog’ related to fast travel during the quest.

• Fixed an issue in errand quest ‘Night of Lights’ where a pullable box could get stuck and block the quest progression.
World activities

• Fixed an issue where Relic Ruin: The Daunt could not be started in certain circumstances.

• Fixed an issue in salvage contract The Greenswell: Plowhorn and the Plants where an optional objective could not be completed if the required item was sent to the player stash.

• A rogue Tallneck near The Sand of the Sentinels that would sometimes change the direction of its route has been disciplined.
Gameplay fixes

• The Second Chance skill should now work correctly.

• Fixed an issue where the camera had an unintended position when using certain weapon techniques.
General fixes

• Image oversharpening in HDR mode has been corrected.

• Fixed an issue where some settlements would stream in, then stream out in certain circumstances.

• Fixed an issue where the HUD would flicker when the player performs a loot action.

• Fixed an issue where rapidly opening and closing the map could cause graphical anomalies.

• Fixed an issue where Aloy's animation would sometimes jitter rapidly when climbing after picking up a plant has been fixed.

• Fixed a global issue where the direction of Aloy's gaze, or that of certain NPCs, was incorrect.

• Fixed several instances where Aloy, NPCs or enemies could get stuck in geometry.

• Fixed an issue where roads and icons on the map would sometimes appear with a delay.

• Fixed several streaming issues and unintended loading screens.

• NPCs that seemed to suffer from insomnia and would gather in large groups at night in settlements should act more naturally now.

• Petra will no longer teleport into her seat inside the Chainscrape brewery if followed immediately after the initial conversation with her.
Crash fixes

• Fixed several crashes.
Other

• Various performance improvements.

• Various other minor fixes and cosmetic improvements.
Please continue to inform us of any issues via the Support Form. We appreciate those who have taken the time to submit a report already; they are immensely helpful for our teams!

Happy hunting!

–Guerrilla

Soldato
I did another cauldron last night:

It was the one that has been damage with the earthquake with the tallneck. Thought the boss going to be hard but then found a area that i could get to that the boss couldnt and then i just cheesed him till he died.

I also dropped it to Favor Framerate and it made the game incredibly smooth compared to Favor Resolution but i did notice the graphical differences straight away. I was on the top of a tallneck when i changed it and there was a lot of graininess/shimmering on the ground level this was very noticeable on grass areas. I havnt decided which i prefer yet, movement, climbing and fighting is so much smoother but the visuals take a pretty big hit, if the patch can address some of these issues and close the gap rather than being such a big trade off it will be helpful.

Soldato
Gah, I can’t believe the PlayStation 5 still has to go through this 10 minute rigmarole of copying game patches!! It’s like being back on PS3.

The 'copy' thing does my head in. Sooo sloooow! A 20 second download turns into a 15 minute copy. It's only 451MB ffs!

Last edited:
Caporegime
The patch notes don't seem to address it, but twice now my game has experienced a weird slowdown/stutter and it gets gradually worse until it's unplayable.

Closing the game down fully and restarting it solved it, but has nobody else experienced this issue?

Soldato
The patch notes don't seem to address it, but twice now my game has experienced a weird slowdown/stutter and it gets gradually worse until it's unplayable.

Closing the game down fully and restarting it solved it, but has nobody else experienced this issue?

I have played it now for over 20 hours and not come across this. Had other weird graphical glitches but nothing like this. Is the console clean and dust free? The vents are not obstructed or the console in a enclosed cabinet is it? Those issues sound heat related. Or thinking about it could be some sort of memory leak issue..

Soldato
Still really enjoying this, I have spent more time exploring that doing missions! I am still in the first major settlement

Only one bug so far and that was a Fanghorn which was roaming about but had no body and was just showing the components that you can shoot off, thought it was some kind of invisibility thing then it randomly rendered itself lol

Man of Honour
Still really enjoying this, I have spent more time exploring that doing missions! I am still in the first major settlement

Only one bug so far and that was a Fanghorn which was roaming about but had no body and was just showing the components that you can shoot off, thought it was some kind of invisibility thing then it randomly rendered itself lol

Now that would make the game easier :cry:

Soldato
Don’t know if it was a glitch but was scouting out a camp and was hiding in some tall bushes minding my own business scanning the area/machines, next thing you know a charger just ran straight at me and sent me flying off a cliff.

Apparently you can just lower the difficulty to be able to get rare item drops for upgrades etc.

V F

V F

Soldato
There is no FOV slider, how the hell did that get confused? Patch incoming to fix the myriad of visual issues, I'm going to wait until then as they are far too distracting for me.

The sad thing is there is a FOV slider in Shadow of War on PS4. It made a massive difference to not end up feeling queasy. Yet at the same time there are more NPCs in that game in large fights than Horizon.

Associate

I had this issue it was mentioned a few pages back. The game had slowed down to a couple of fps but a full shutdown and restart sorted it out.

Soldato
The sad thing is there is a FOV slider in Shadow of War on PS4. It made a massive difference to not end up feeling queasy. Yet at the same time there are more NPCs in that game in large fights than Horizon.

FOV was increased for the PC version of HZD too, not a slider but it was increased natively. I do struggle when machines are really up close and you cannot see anything, though I think that's more to do with the camera zoom level.

Last edited:
Soldato

I had that last night was slide show slow, really bad.

Associate

This happened me last night, went pretty much unplayable but I just loaded up the previous save and it was fixed

Back
Top Bottom