Horror Films. What's the scariest you've seen.?

Soldato
I don't do well with paranormal films so Poltergeist and Paranormal activity i dislike a lot, other than that im good with "scary" films...if i can see it, it doesnt bother me, i'll jump but thats about it.

Soldato
Some of these replies make me "like wtf?" because I love horror - Event Horizon for example I think is an epic film which I could watch over and over. I can see why some people would freak from it though.

I have been thinking hard about the question and for me it has to be the one of my hundred odd horror DVDs which I NEVER watched twice - "The Descent".

Not because of the "horror" / monsters part of it, but the tunnelling - The scenes where they are in tunnels barely big enough for a small child to fit through - The constant feeling of watching it, feeling like you are there and that if even a tiny amount of the tunnel comes down you are trapped and about to die a slow stuffy death buried alive.

I wouldn't even say I was claustrophobic either. Very clever film in the physchological way it works as well as the more traditional horror elements.

Soldato
Paranormal Activity is the only film that has scared me recently, I prefer films that have a lot of tension and this film has tonnes in my opinion, the ending of the 3rd one is good too, the others seem to rely too much on cheap BOO moments.

A tale of Two Sisters also had a few very disturbing scenes that were difficult to watch, Audition is similar too.

When I was younger, The Exorcist used to terrify me, the acting and make-up for Linda Blair combined with some really twisted scenes had a profound effect!

Associate
Twilight.

On topic : The only "scary" films I can remember only made me jump a bit, nearly always when a character jumps out from nowhere accompanied by a loud sound.

Soldato
How anyone can be scared by PA is beyond me - nothing even happens until the end! I was watching it bored out of my skull, and then it ended - just when it was getting interesting.

John Carpenter's The Thing (Kurt Russell) is probably my scariest flick, for the sheer tension alone and that messed up scene in the dog pen :( Event Horizon is another one, such a superbly crafted film.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sinister.

Freaked me out for days after seeing it recently, couldn't help but think I saw the face everywhere at night. :o

Other films worthy of a mention are Paranormal Activity 1 & 2, along with The Grudge.

Caporegime
It's not a genre I watch much of but the scifi Event Horizon seriously creeps me out.
Not bothered with blood, violence etc, just the pyschological effects.

I know it is a pretty tame film really, but it just gets to me, but I would still watch it!

I thought she was saying 'save me', what she was actually saying was 'save yourself'

Back
Top Bottom