Horror Films. What's the scariest you've seen.?

Soldato
I'm not into horror films at all but the gf wanted me to watch Sincerity with her last night as she had seen it before and reckoned that I'd keek my pants as she thought it was the scariest film she'd ever seen. Now she loves horrors, so I was quite nervous when she said that I should watch it (she thought I wouldn't be able to sleep after it).
Anyway, what a load of tosh that film was. I didn't think it was scary in the slightest, so can any of you nice folks recommend the scariest film that you have seen so that I can try and scare her witless :)

Soldato
The original REC for me, didn't have a clue what it was about when my housemate suggested watching it and its all in Spanish which I think added to it. I still have flashbacks to that film every time I go up in my loft!

ajf

ajf

Soldato
It's not a genre I watch much of but the scifi Event Horizon seriously creeps me out.
Not bothered with blood, violence etc, just the pyschological effects.

I know it is a pretty tame film really, but it just gets to me, but I would still watch it!

Associate
Depends on your preference really. There is a guy at work who thinks the more gore the better, whilst I am the opposite - my favourite types are the ones with a creeping terror and a good story. Unfortunately these are quite rare, the best one recently was the woman in black but that was not perfect.

Therefore my all time favourite scary film is 'The Changling' from 1980 with George C Scott - awesome ghost film.

Soldato
The original REC for me, didn't have a clue what it was about when my housemate suggested watching it and its all in Spanish which I think added to it. I still have flashbacks to that film every time I go up in my loft!

Are you serious?

REC was a total boring let down! I have the Spanish version too :D

Soldato
It's not a genre I watch much of but the scifi Event Horizon seriously creeps me out.
Not bothered with blood, violence etc, just the pyschological effects.

I know it is a pretty tame film really, but it just gets to me, but I would still watch it!

+1

I've never finished this film. its just too twisted. In a good way ( if thats possible ) Its not necessarily jumpy but it makes you feel freaked.

Also depends i guess what thing gets you. my house mates get freaked the hell out of the paranormal activity films. i know the premise is awful but i really like them. they lift blankets over there eyes. its retarded.

some people like gore ( don't see the point ) others ghosts, some posession - they always seem to be the freakiest to me

Soldato
Films that use your mind to scare you are the best for actually being scary. I saw the Blair Witch project at the cinema and that night as I was laying in bed it was very windy outside. During the night a tree branch was being blown against the bedroom window in a tap tap tap way and it woke me up. I like to blame the fact I was just awoken for being scared like a girl.

Soldato
I don't really think that "scary films" are ever that scary unless you watch them at the cinema with for the full effect.

Associate
If you want to creep a lady out in particular then a good bet is 'The Entity'. Pretty old now but a film about a nasty spirit that likes to rape? Should give her the eeby jeebies.

Also - Scorcese rates it as one of his top scary/disturbing movies of all time. Now that's an endorsement!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom