Hot Hatch Owners

Soldato
I'm going to up the power in my ST200 soon. At the moment I am just finishing the suspension mods (Bilstein B8's, Eibach springs, Whiteline rear anti roll bar) then Ill go either Revo stage 2 or Collins Performance.

What are you at and what are you going to?

Mine was 175 crank stock and went to 216 crank after a mapping with a K&N filter as the only mod.

I'm thinking of going the next step and getting intercooler and intake to go to 230-240.

Last edited:
Soldato
Would love to sit in one or have ago in one of these...but too scared to go to hyundai dealer and then get suckered into signing a deal lol.
They’re really great fun to drive ! You should go and take one out for a test drive! I don’t think you’ll be disappointed :D glad I bought one !

Associate
They’re really great fun to drive ! You should go and take one out for a test drive! I don’t think you’ll be disappointed :D glad I bought one !
Too scared as I know if I like it id be thinking about swapping which I can't afford to do haha, i've just ordered my clutch&flywheel and spark plugs from VIP for the MPS aswell, hopefully they will arrive within next 2 weeks.

Soldato

Can I ask some boring questions about it?
What's the ride like? I found my 208 GTi by Peugeot Sport too spine shaking but get on with the "normal" 208 GTi Presitge
What's the mpg like? My commute is 10 miles of which 4 is traffic in towns and 6 on a dual carriageway, and with heavy foot moments I average 44mpg
Any points of note, be it service, issues etc?

Soldato
What's the ride like? I found my 208 GTi by Peugeot Sport too spine shaking but get on with the "normal" 208 GTi Presitge
What's the mpg like? My commute is 10 miles of which 4 is traffic in towns and 6 on a dual carriageway, and with heavy foot moments I average 44mpg

The suspension stiffness can be adjusted on the fly, with the touch of a button on the in car entertainment flatscreen, it’s really easy. It has three modes of stiffness. “Normal” “Sport” and “Sport+” Normal to me feels like any other car, you barely feel the bumps in the road at all. But put it in sport+ and you feel every little nook and cranny in the road. And of course sport mode is a half way gap between the two.

My mpg at the moment is about 27-30. But I believe it can reach as high as 40? I’m not too sure on this tbh.

No other points really. I’d go test drive one though :D

Soldato

The suspension stiffness can be adjusted on the fly, with the touch of a button on the in car entertainment flatscreen, it’s really easy. It has three modes of stiffness. “Normal” “Sport” and “Sport+” Normal to me feels like any other car, you barely feel the bumps in the road at all. But put it in sport+ and you feel every little nook and cranny in the road. And of course sport mode is a half way gap between the two.

My mpg at the moment is about 27-30. But I believe it can reach as high as 40? I’m not too sure on this tbh.

No other points really. I’d go test drive one though :D

What Tauren said pretty much hits the nail on the head and is what my experience has been.

Soldato
Thanks guys, like I said it's very far down the road, and likely cost will play a huge part in it, but it's on the list. Out of interest, do you guys have the performance pack (which I think is 19" vs 18 alloys, bit more power, and LSD? Anything else?)

Soldato
Thanks guys, like I said it's very far down the road, and likely cost will play a huge part in it, but it's on the list. Out of interest, do you guys have the performance pack (which I think is 19" vs 18 alloys, bit more power, and LSD? Anything else?)
Yeah, I have the performance pack. It’s the only one to go for really imo.

Soldato
Some wonderful hatches in here; there's a couple of i30N's at work here and they look so sick :D One or two Focus RS' too but unfortunately while I adore them, I sat in one before I bought the 340i and it just wasn't comfortable; seats were too wide for my frame. Conversely, I sat in a Mk 7 Fiesta ST and was really comfortable straight away. As a result, the ST200 is one of the likely choices for my next car(@meh? that's a great picture; I love the colour and wheels); either that or the new Mk 8 (probably in Magnetic grey)

Associate
My MK7 Golf GTI. I've had it 5 months and been out of the country for 2 of them so haven't driven it much. Looking forward to some summer weekends.

y3Xrx0J.jpg

Soldato
Yeah only know of one i30N that hasn't got the performance pack. It's also louder I believe :p

I also have a pre-GPF one too, so it's about 109db, I personally feel it's fairly loud, most people hear me coming...

Associate
Jumping in on this thread to say hi and introduce my Mk6 GTI which is currently on 133,000 miles and climbing. Owned it 5 years and put 100k on it in that time. As a daily driver it’s been an absolute pleasure to own and rack up those miles in. Long may it continue as I have no plans to replace it any time soon!

41601988862_460796a598_b.jpg
289iM2B

Last edited:
Associate
Picked up the M140i yesterday.. what a machine! Picture against a random wall..

2xYOSCaiixgjylT-xyIuA8zAN9IpbUwI1u3jfRwbCJ2Bq-zoBNrx2Uh0sfXMZEMjhI8slAFZWGYC7HnVt5odKtAIzaTC9ShaGnIa-J2fFhPM5efDcdOICuP1NvhkBp6jBWz1ogk2Ew=w2400

Really chuffed with it so far, never had a hot hatch before so it's a new experience.. even turning on the ignition makes me smile.

Soldato
Picked up the M140i yesterday.. what a machine! Picture against a random wall..

2xYOSCaiixgjylT-xyIuA8zAN9IpbUwI1u3jfRwbCJ2Bq-zoBNrx2Uh0sfXMZEMjhI8slAFZWGYC7HnVt5odKtAIzaTC9ShaGnIa-J2fFhPM5efDcdOICuP1NvhkBp6jBWz1ogk2Ew=w2400

Really chuffed with it so far, never had a hot hatch before so it's a new experience.. even turning on the ignition makes me smile.

I like the wheel design, I take it this is new? What are the Michelins on there? From the factory?

Soldato
A colleague got a M140i the other week and it came with PS4 on them from factory.

A nice match for the car, I am thinking of taking my 215/40/R18 to 225/40/R18 (Maximum size for the wheels and a lot cheaper than the current ones (£35 a corner)) when mine wear out and actually moving from the PS4 to the Primacy 4 since it's mostly used as a cruiser.

Back
Top Bottom