Hot Hatch Owners

Soldato
Yup, I actually parked in that space Monday night! I have a blue R34 GTR, wave if you see me about.

Your thought process was probably like mine. Park away from the shop entrance to avoid others potential scratching or denting your car :D Annoys my wife when we go anywhere.

Pretty sure I've seen your car out and about. Will keep an eye out and wave if I see you. :)

Soldato
It's not the service is every 12.5k, it's the same core engine Mini used in the Cooper S/JCW the early 1.6T did burn oil but the later ones use very little. My wife's Mini would use about 1/4 litre every 10k

Indeed. Although every two years the following is done in addition to oil & filter and air filters:

Brake Fluid change
Gear box oil
spark plugs

I'm due a year three service in the next 6 weeks and I've heard from other 308 GTi owners how Peugeot recommend that the 385mm Alcon discs should be replaced with some eye watering costs (£1500+) :eek:

Soldato
Here's mine looking spectacularly unclean and making the worst of a location that could actually have been quite picturesque had I parked it the opposite side of the car park

DTCzAPh.jpg

Had it about two years now, still really like it. Tried to book it in for a service this week, somehow Ford managed to book in our other Ford on a different day to the request :p

Associate
So my M140i was a short experience.. turned on the ignition this morning and was greeted with an alarming message - 'transmission failure'. Mint!

Long story short she's back at the dealers via recovery and the latest diagnosis is a mechatronic unit failure. However, they have had to go back to BMW about it because it's 'pretty much unheard of' after 240 miles but BMW aren't authorising the repair without further checks.

I will know more on Monday.. guess I need to read up on my consumer rights just in case this gets ugly.

Soldato
I've had my car since August 2017 and enjoy it on the whole. It's a 2012 Renault Sport Megane 265 Cup and has covered about 42k miles. However, I'm about to start a new job which will involve 60 miles of commuting each day. I might look to change it for something more fuel efficient in the future, as I average about 30mpg in it.

lOTHrMo.jpg

Soldato
I've had my car since August 2017 and enjoy it on the whole. It's a 2012 Renault Sport Megane 265 Cup and has covered about 42k miles. However, I'm about to start a new job which will involve 60 miles of commuting each day. I might look to change it for something more fuel efficient in the future, as I average about 30mpg in it.

lOTHrMo.jpg

30MPG is not bad for the segment I suppose.

Last edited:
Associate
Another Renaultsport Megane owner here. I've got a 2015 Renaultsport Megane 275 Nav (with Cup suspension pack + LSD). I've owned the car since Feb 2017 when it had ~5700 miles on it (recently ticked over 26000 miles). I left the car pretty much standard for 2 years apart from throwing a Ramair foam panel filter in it. The car had to have the gearbox and driveshaft replaced under warranty last year as a driveshaft failed and damaged the gearbox. Got that sorted under the 4 year Renault warranty and from what I've read it would have cost me upwards of £2000! The warranty runs out this coming September so hopefully I'll be trouble free for the rest of my ownership :eek:

Recently I've had the centre silencer removed from the exhaust and replaced with straight pipe. The car sounds a lot better for it, lots of rumbles and coughs/pops firing out of the back. No annoying exhaust drone either which is a massive bonus! I'm averaging ~27MPG in my car with my daily usage. Sitting on motorways at 70MPH ~35MPG is easily achievable so it's not too bad.

I've previously owned a tastefully modified Megane 225 and a Clio 172. I still miss them both for different reasons. Can see me keeping my 275 for another few years yet though, definitely the best of the 3 cars! As you can tell, I like my Renaultsports! :D

c1qWwKt.jpg

dLLlfem.jpg

w8CYoYh.jpg

Soldato
Another Renaultsport Megane owner here. I've got a 2015 Renaultsport Megane 275 Nav (with Cup suspension pack + LSD). I've owned the car since Feb 2017 when it had ~5700 miles on it (recently ticked over 26000 miles).

Recently I've had the centre silencer removed from the exhaust and replaced with straight pipe. The car sounds a lot better for it, lots of rumbles and coughs/pops firing out of the back. No annoying exhaust drone either which is a massive bonus!
Very nice. I would have liked a newer RS with the later sat nav, but they were a bit out of budget and the one I bought was immaculate and the previous owner had really cared for it.

How much did you pay for the mid box chop? It's something I'm interested in doing.

Associate
Very nice. I would have liked a newer RS with the later sat nav, but they were a bit out of budget and the one I bought was immaculate and the previous owner had really cared for it.

How much did you pay for the mid box chop? It's something I'm interested in doing.

I paid £80 for it so not a massive cost for the difference it makes. From the reading I did on the RS Megane forum though lots of people have been paying ~£60. It's a worthwhile modification, definitely makes the car sound more interesting. I recommend going for a drive with the rear seats folded forward too, lets a lot more noise into the cabin :cool:

Soldato
I love my RS250 but one thing that annoys me (and I can see it on both previous pics) is that damn bit of rubber seal around rear window. It flairs out. I cant believe my 10 plate has it and they havent fixed it by the 65 plate in thread.

Soldato
MY19 Cupra 290

Had this 3 weeks now and love it, already done a res delete :), still not as much pops and crackles as last years model due to GPF but nice non the less.

Can get an indicated 42mpg on a motorway run which is rather impressive, this thing is so fun to drive, glad I went this over the Golf R

Associate
Wouldn't mind doing some subtle little modifications to my ST but I dont really know where to start. Really enjoying it so far about 2 months in now :)
Intake and recirculation/diverter/blow off valve, easy reversible and most people will buy them off you if you change car.
Wind deflectors,not everyone taste but they are cheap and easy to remove aswell.

Soldato
I'm planning brake kit (pads, disks, metal lines, fluid) as my disks are getting on along with Intercooler from 845 and a K&N short ram intake. Removing the intercooler from the vertical position to horizontal gives the intake cold air :)

Hoping for around 240BHP at the crank.

Back
Top Bottom