Hotels in Dublin & Things to do.

Soldato
Hi guys.

Thought i would take the GF to Dublin for a day or maybe two in May since i can get the flights for cheap.

So apart from going to the Guinness factory what else is worth doing?

Also can you guys recommend a hotel. So far interested in the Clontarf Hotel & The Croke Park. Although i would only be able to do one night at the Clontarf with the prices being such short notice.

Any suggestions would be awesome.

Soldato
When I was there last I just walked around for 2 days. There are loads of shops and centres, some hidden underground. Dublin castle is a good tour, plus you get to see the really old ruins underneath the castle.

Associate
Dublin is so easy to get around, most things are within walking distance and there is the luas if you are feeling lazy.

Definitely go to elephant and castle for some wings then head out in the temple bar area afterwards and check out the bars and music there.
I will also second Eddie Rockets for a dirty burger and massive malt shake.
The Zoo is good probably one of the better ones that I have been to.
The Ghost bus is a excellent night out, but make sure you book as it can fill up quickly especially at weekends.
Ghost Bus
If you like massive stately homes and the like, then Powerscourt or Malahide Castle are good day trips, but both are well outside the city.

Soldato
Go to the porterhouse in temple bar for three floors of beer from around the world along with plenty of brewed in house tipples. No guniness on site. Try the oyster stout !

The museum of Modern Art is in Kilmainham which should be on/near the LUAS line

Trinity college library also considered one of the best

Soldato
Hi guys.

Thought i would take the GF to Dublin for a day or maybe two in May since i can get the flights for cheap.

So apart from going to the Guinness factory what else is worth doing?

Also can you guys recommend a hotel. So far interested in the Clontarf Hotel & The Croke Park. Although i would only be able to do one night at the Clontarf with the prices being such short notice.

Any suggestions would be awesome.

We stayed centrally in Best Western

http://booking.com/d88ed72ab37e

It's literally round the corner from the Gresham. Which is also nice if you can get a deal.

If you want something more lively then temple bar area is very lively if you don't want to sleep that is ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Johnnie Fox's is definitely worth a visit for an evening out: https://www.jfp.ie/ The black stuff is nice there as it is in most of the bars on the sea front in Bray.

Slightly outside of Dublin but a good hotel in a nice sea front location is the Royal Marine in Dun Laoghaire (pronounced "Dunleary").. http://www.royalmarine.ie/

Suites are nice.

Enjoy :)

Back
Top Bottom