Hotels in France..

Man of Honour
I was wondering if there are any hotels in France simular to our Travel Lodge. I'm driving to Germany in a few weeks and would like a stop over in a cheap hotel/motel..

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Admiral

Caporegime
Yeah there's loads - good thing about France, loads of cheap hotels. I think Ibis hotels are pretty similar to travel lodge, though you can get a lot cheaper. We normally stay in a hotel chain called "B&B" if we need somewhere to sleep to break up a journey, its is pretty basic, but a step up from a "Formula1" hotel, which is something like 10 Euros a night.

Associate
B&B - rooms for up to 4 people (on 2 levels - it's nice) about £40 a night, en suite which i don't think formule 1 are - but don't bother ordering the breakfasts, they're expensive and crap

Fox is like formule 1 - spray down rooms but dirt cheap :o)

Associate
if you're arriving late at night most of them are gated up
(they mostly seem to be on industrial estates etc)
there are no staff, but if you've booked, you use your credit/debit card recipt to get a 'pin code' for the gates

last year the family and i ended up sleeping in the car for a night on the way back from le mans - thought we could do the drive in one go - and finding a place to stay was impossible

Back
Top Bottom