Hotmail accounts 'posted online'

Associate
Thousands of Hotmail passwords have been hacked and posted online, according to reports.

Microsoft, which owns the popular web-based email system, told BBC News that it was aware of the claims and that it was "investigating the situation".

A report on technology blog neowin.net said that the details of "over 10,000" accounts had been posted to a website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8291268.stm :eek:

Associate
there has been no hacking here what so ever, this was part of a phishing scam. no sympathy from me for these people, they shouldn’t be so ******* dumb.

god i hate the bbc with a passion.

Make sure you fully star out any swear words.

Soldato
Regularly changing your password would go a long way to mitigating this. I suppose if you suspect yours is one then it would be a good idea to change it although 10,000 is a drop in the ocean for Hotmail users so the chances of you being on this list are fairly small I would say.

Associate
MS, Google and Yahoo plus others are about shutdown any users with affect account and replace with new one - they still checking if there any affect for password leak by hackers.

Google hit 20,000 at the moment as Hotmail got 10,000 - seem that could be Europe rather than in the UK

Back
Top Bottom