US: House of Cards

Caporegime
Just finished.

I still enjoyed it, but I think this was the worst season so far by quite some way. Half of the season is filled with the Conway campaign which I didn't like. Found him and his wife incredibly annoying. I think it all gets a bit too out of hand in this season and it was a bit sloppy.

Agreed. It's practically a different show compared to the first couple of seasons.

Soldato
Just finished.

I still enjoyed it, but I think this was the worst season so far by quite some way. Half of the season is filled with the Conway campaign which I didn't like. Found him and his wife incredibly annoying. I think it all gets a bit too out of hand in this season and it was a bit sloppy.

Aye, the problem is as well is the main chracters are evil pyschopaths, it needs some balance, and the balance all got killed off this season... well except Tom Hammerschmidt (hes the only guy im routing for)

They need to end it next season, otherwise you end up with another Walking Dead, where storylines are repeated and it all becomes a bit boring.

Soldato
I'm sure at one point (I don't recall how many seasons back) I was saying this was one of the best things on TV. You really can't say that after the last couple of seasons. It's still a good watch, but not 'great' like it used to be. I do hope they wrap it all up with a great ending next season.

Pushing whats-her-name (Durant?) down the stairs seemed a little sloppy. Do we know if she's dead? From what I thought she's going to live, then surely Frank's in a spot of bother?

I half expect the opening to next season is 3 months on and they just mention that she did of course pardon Frank and then they crack on with the new season.

Last edited:
Soldato
This has been cancelled now, supposedly the decision was made prior to the claims against Kevin Spacey but that doesn't ring true as it was still doing well...

Shame, I really enjoyed it despite the downturn in quality compared to earlier seasons.

Associate
Little loss if it is tbh. I've said all along this was a show that needed to tell it's story and bow out rather than endless renewals and new, weak dramas to spin the wheels as long as everyone involved was willing.

Associate
I'd figure if Spacey is that toxic it's more likely we'll get a season 6 that involves a timeskip where Frank died in the interim with Claire taking lead to end it tbh. With production contracts and all that I can't see them just saying it "screw it, we're done"

Soldato
Full season of the Claire show doesn't sound interesting in the slightest to me, I watched to see what Frank Underwood would do and that started to drop off at the end of s2.

Associate
I'd figure if Spacey is that toxic it's more likely we'll get a season 6 that involves a timeskip where Frank died in the interim with Claire taking lead to end it tbh. With production contracts and all that I can't see them just saying it "screw it, we're done"

With the recent claims about him harassing the crew on the HOC set i think that's the best we could hope for.

Soldato
Netflix have officially cut ties with Kevin Spacey, only way HOC will finish this season now is it being focused on Claire and I don't think I could watch it if that does become the case.

Soldato
So here's the question... if the alternative was to keep the character going, but bring in someone new to play him, would you prefer that?

Obviously, it would be hugely jarring. Outside of US sitcoms from the 80's, does it ever happen?

Back
Top Bottom