• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are hurting gamers

Soldato
AMD have done well out of all this, and I think it will help boost their development.

I don't think AMD have done as well as the resellers to be honest, OcUK for example will have done very well for themselves out of this. AMD have sold more volume, but probably at the same margins as they would have done originally. Overclockers though would have purchased stock at pre mining prices, and sold them at a huge premium (Like those RX480's they ripped from LAN machines to sell on as overpriced b-grade stock).

Associate
is mining really going to end or are we just hoping it is :D

I don't think there will be a collapse with the market being flooded with ex-mining cards. I forsee those with big investments in mining rigs not getting the profits they thought they would but will hold on to the gear just in case. Eventually the market will normalize over the course of (hopefully) six months.

Man of Honour
How is this a racist use of a digital currency?

How is it different to Muslims using Islamic compliant banking or products?

They are using a digital currency to help support a community where no Black Asian or Coloured people can live.

A lot of my family are Afrikaans and they would be embarrassed by what is going on at Orania.

Associate
Has the bubble burst yet? I've got a brand new RX580 here, not sure if I should sell it and buy a 1070 or just open the box and use it.

Soldato
Has the bubble burst yet? I've got a brand new RX580 here, not sure if I should sell it and buy a 1070 or just open the box and use it.

Well Gibbo has a bunch of RX 580's in stock for £450 which haven't sold yet maybe the ceiling price may be established but he was saying just the other day he gets calls from buyers with £50/£100k spare wanting to mass purchase any stock he gets so I don't believe the gold rush is over just yet. Miners will just switch to other currencies that are less taxing to decrypt and hedge their bets on which cypto currency will be the next big thing.

Back
Top Bottom