• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are hurting gamers

Associate
Why is every Ti so expensive? Is it because of the mining craze? I never really looked at prices and did just now for fun and: 965EUR = 844.873 GBP as an average price...it's like the out of control RAM prices it seems? At this rate it's going to be Volta (regular and Ti) for Titan prices (not liking this potential foresight at all).

Soldato
Why is every Ti so expensive? Is it because of the mining craze? I never really looked at prices and did just now for fun and: 965EUR = 844.873 GBP as an average price...it's like the out of control RAM prices it seems? At this rate it's going to be Volta (regular and Ti) for Titan prices (not liking this potential foresight at all).

I just bought my 1080ti like a week or so ago and paid around 610 pounds for the Inno3d X2 model, really poor cooler btw, now however its sold out and cost more like 830 pounds though there are other models for around 690 pounds. It seems like they are getting bought up now. Glad i didn't wait like i had initially decided i would.

Associate
Associate
You may have spotted I don't live in the UK, hence the Euro price which I converted back to GBP for you guys ;)

It doesn't answer my question though: why exactly are Ti's at a record high? I can't think of anything other than miners that are doing my head in.
I don't think the miners are buying them to be honest, with all the other cards inflated in price it's probably the best price/perf card on sale which is ludicrous.
Josh.

Associate
You may have spotted I don't live in the UK, hence the Euro price which I converted back to GBP for you guys ;)

It doesn't answer my question though: why exactly are Ti's at a record high? I can't think of anything other than miners that are doing my head in.

the Ti's MSRP is 650£, so AIBs should range from 680£ to 750£, sometimes more for some brands, so far i didn't see a major difference in price.
beside ppl looking to buy a lower card see the price at 500$, if they really need a card they end up buying a high end instead, that as well might have impacted the stock.

Soldato
what is so special about a founders edition?

The GTX 1060 founders edition would fit perfect for the Corsair Air 240 case I've built for my wife. The GPU's that will fit in this case is very low. I've already had to send back the MSI 1060gaming X. It was too big.

The EVGA 1060 SC, the 1060 founders edition and Gigabyte 1060 G1 gaming are the best cards that suit this build. I see 2 Gigabyte G1's in stock, but really want the 1060 FE.

Caporegime
Probably the blower cooler. Not many 1060s have a blower, and they are better in some ITX cases than non-blower coolers.

ok cool. i only have 1 fan on my 1060, it's not a blower style. do you think it's okay to overclock on stock volts and stock power limit? or should i go for a safe overclock rather than max?

Soldato

That should be obvious, if the mid range cards have all gone up in price then the retail value of the cards above it are forced up as well. The other week we were almost in the ridiculous situation where a 1070 was almost at 1080 prices. Market segmentation is still required so retailers will make sure that each card is priced accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom