how can I stop debt collector chasing me?

Soldato
I would just ignore the debt collectors and keep restating your position if they persist. They can't do anything without a court order except send you letters, call or knock your door. If they keep doing so, make a harassment complaint to the police?

Soldato
I've read this whole thread in disbelief at how many people are saying to pay up and take legal action. Why should the OP was their time and money on a problem that isn't their cause or fault?

From what I gathered from the thread the OP didn't go with the heating company solution and engaged the drilling company directly to do the work. So in this case the contract is between himself and the drilling company. At some point one of the two is going to pay up maybe he needs to prewarn both companies whats going to happen i.e they will be fighting each other in court. I expect some settlement will come out of it.

Doing nothing will mean he will be taken to court for not paying for the service as he engaged the drilling company not the heating company

Soldato
Exactly. OP has some form of contract with the drilling company. If it goes to court, the question will be was he right to not pay for the work completed? Drilling company can prove they did the work, but the grey area is proving who was at fault for the original issue.

Associate
OP
hi, OP here. Yes the issue is liability, who is at fault. There is a reasonable expectation that a professional firm like the drilling company provide some sort of proof to backup their position. Currently, they are saying "it's not us, it's them", which is what the heating company are saying.
The agreement to fix this problem was, indeed, between me and the drilling company so the two companies aren't going to fight each other.

Back
Top Bottom